jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to get a smoky eye effect?

1. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

How to get a smoky eye effect?

I love to see models wearing smoky eye make ups. But I'm not quite sure whether I can try by myself or get somebody's help to do it for me. how can ido it?

2. chrissie123 profile image61
    chrissie123posted 7 years ago

to get a smokey eye is simple its not as hard as people make it out to be. take a good look at that picture you see black and it starts fading before you see the brown. When you apply the dark color to your eye you need to blend it out with a blending brush to get that smoked effect blending is key! If you like I could write a hub on this more in depth.

3. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Thank you chris, I wish you cud write a hub for me.. I'm kind of tan, so I'm nt quite sure whether this will look good on me..

4. Jennifer Lynne profile image57
    Jennifer Lynneposted 6 years ago

To create a dramatically impressive smokey eye I would suggest using a primer or water on the eyelid. Next, grab a precision brush and start from the corner of your eyelid to the center of your eye. Lastly, I use a sheer or metallic shade in the corner of my eyelid and keep a cotton ball handy to remove any excess product.

Watching various tutorials online have enhanced my knowledge in eye makeup 'to-do's'. Purchasing an eyecolor makeup pallette is a great starting point for beginner artists and features fun pastels for this time of year!