jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's the worst haircut you've ever had, and how did you handle damage control

1. pbsandwichofdoom profile image96
    pbsandwichofdoomposted 6 years ago

What's the worst haircut you've ever had, and how did you handle damage control afterwards?

2. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Great Question pbsandwichofdoom! I grew my hair long a few times and one time I chemically straightened it. I have a receding hairline and my hair is wavy; I looked like an idiot! How did I handle the damage control? I cut it all off! I can't wait to read some of the other answers to this great question!

3. chanroth profile image74
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

Hmm...this remind me of a story. Well...my sister took me to the hair salon and she asked the lady to layer my hair but instead she cut it really short...like up to my shoulder...I was mad like a maniac..my sister try to calm me down...so I got home and style my hair the way I like it. a few snip snip and style the way I think look nice and it came out alright...not that I like it...but its better than looking ugly walking to school.

4. Kyle Rivers profile image61
    Kyle Riversposted 6 years ago

When I was 10, I used to have long locks of hair, thanks to my Native American heritage. I remember my Dad used to compare me to the Biblical Samson, and once told me that, "If I ever cut my hair off, then I may lose my strength just like Samson." My Dad didn't use that to instill fear in me, but to remind me to take pride in having such long, healthy, and beautiful hair. I always wore it in a pony tail to keep it appropriate for school. Now, it seems like we could be describing a beautiful woman--although this is not the case lol.

One day, my eldest brother (who was also a barber) decided to cut my hair. It was time for a change and I knew that this would be the perfect time to go "out with the old, and in with the new." When you're in the barber's chair; it is necessary that you should NOT move while in the chair. I was an antsy, and energetic kid, so staying in one spot wasn't my forte'. All of a sudden, my brother started laughing. Uh oh. What did he do? He cut a bald spot in my head! I thought he was kidding, until it was confirmed upon my own examination.

Unfortunately, I was forced to shave my entire head bald.....leaving just the pony tail in the back (picture The Golden Child) exposed. The next day I went to school with a hat on my head-- to protect myself from ridicule from fellow students. I sat through my first class almost entirely without notice until my teacher told me to remove the hat. To my surprise there was no laughter and all my classmates actually loved the new look!

Damage control? I didn't need it. Worst haircut I ever had? Definitely yes! A big boost of confidence? I believe so lol.

5. janikon profile image88
    janikonposted 6 years ago

It was when I was sixteen and the hairdresser gave me an updated bowl cut with some odd elf aspirations. I was horrified and yet still found myself tipping her. I went home, sat in my bathtub and cried praying it would all grow back within a few hours.

Thankfully, my hair grows like a weed and was pretty much back to normal in two weeks - two weeks of some intense hat wearing.

6. Aidenna profile image55
    Aidennaposted 6 years ago

My worst haircut happened when i was sitting at the table in my house and i felt something cutting my hair.It was my mom and she cut my hair so short i looked like a boy so i put extensions in untill my hair got long enough again.It took a long time to grow but it grew.And she is nevercutting my hair again.

7. giselenmendez profile image60
    giselenmendezposted 6 years ago

I had a mohawk a couple of years ago, it didn't look unbelievably wrong but it wasn't a haircut for me... What I did was styling it like a boss while waiting for my hair to grow back!