jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your best beauty secret for battling the signs of aging?

1. Sturgeonl profile image82
    Sturgeonlposted 6 years ago

What is your best beauty secret for battling the signs of aging?

2. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

The Naturopathic diet which means no junk food, i.e. no coffee, no tea, no sugar, no starches (which includes all grains).

The Naturopathic diet includes lots of veggies, a little meat, water, raw honey, lots of green salads (no processed dressings) with olive oil, honey and freshly squeezed lemon for a dressing.

It's a very natural diet.

In the end, staying young comprises three things.

a) diet
    b) exercise
    c) genes

That said, scientists have said that by the age of 60, the way one has aged is 97% lifestyle and 3% genes.

3. thumbi7 profile image64
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

I don't consciuosly try to control the signs of aging.

But I try to do Pranayama everyday and try to relax for few minutes every day, which helps me a lot in controlling the thoughts and emotions.

I eat small portions frequently mostly vegetarian and drink lot of water.

4. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

In the 80's, I worked as a model, image consultant, and makeup artist.  I loved doing all three of these things because I love fashion and using makeup/hair to play up what nature has given me (or not)!

The gym is just a MUST!  Its important at ANY Age... but most importantly as we get older!

The right skin care and makeup are very important to us in our teens, 20's, 30's, etc... -- but even MORE Important as our chronological age rises.

I've found some fabulous products that really have worked for me.  One of my favorite finds this past year and a half was discovering Jafra's Royal Jelly Lifting Serums.  They recommend that these are used 28 consecutive days, but I was seeing such remarkable results that I figured... what the heck, why not use these things 365 days a year-- year after year!  They are AWESOME!!!  And... what an amazing difference!

Using masks always makes a huge difference too--
    I found Jafra's Malibu Miracle Mask to be exactly what the name implies... it is a complete MIRACLE!!!  I use this stuff about 3-4 times a week, while I'm at the computer writing or following up with e-mails.  The longer that I leave this on, the more of a difference it makes when I wash it off!

Jafra just introduced a new anti-aging skin care line.  I've been on that now for about 4 months-- and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!  I highly recommend it!

There is a fabulous new book out called "Staging Your Comeback" -- A complete beauty revival for women over 45.

This book is awesome!  You've got to see the before's and after's in this!  It is quite inspiring!

5. CeeGunn profile image85
    CeeGunnposted 6 years ago

A lot of people underestimate my age by 5, 10 or even 15 years. I don't have a secret though. I think my youthful appearance comes mostly from genetics. I have a small button nose, like a child's. Our noses and ears grow continuously as we age, just a little bit, so that's why you see old men with huge honkers and giant ears! I think having a small nose subconsciously creates a child-like association in people's minds, so they believe I'm younger than I am.

It also helps that I don't smoke, don't tan, and drink lots of water.

Another thing I heard is that not being too thin can create a more youthful appearance. Having a bit of fat on your face can plump out wrinkles. So go ahead and have some chocolate! (Not to mention the benefits of the antioxidants in chocolate, but that's for another post.)

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I suppose it would be different for everyone. But I have found that a good diet coupled with exercise keeps the body in good health. Also, drinking plenty of water and getting a good night's sleep is essential in keeping skin resilient. I follow my mother's evening ritual of using night cream at bedtime and it does help. As we age it becomes a concern and women (men are becoming more aware and concerned of aging these days) tend to seek remedys that will slow the signs of age.  There is also the factor of genetics and cultural influences that affect aging and wrinkles. Overall, I would imagine that if you live a healthy life style it would only help to keep you younger in body, mind and spirit.

7. cat on a soapbox profile image94
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I think a balanced diet, lots of water, deep sleep, sunscreen,physical activity, and laughter are keys elements to looking and feeling young.