jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I really need help! I wanna become emo what should I do? I got skinny jeans and

1. emo lover chloe profile image34
    emo lover chloeposted 6 years ago

I really need help! I wanna become emo what should I do? I got skinny jeans and the makeup?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

My opinion is that mass media fashion memes such as "emo" are so pathetically worthless in the long run, and so absurdly invalid in regards to a person's life that you should forget about it, study history, and do some writing about what you learn on Hubpages.com.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Well if you're truly emo doesn't matter what you wear or look like, you just wear your heart and emotions on your sleeve. lol Don't need any make up or clothes for that! Most emo's are just usually sensitive people.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Don't dress for a part.  Search for who you are and be true to that.  Nothing looks more fake then someone wanting to be "emo" or "goth" or any fad.  Be who you are, and let that dictate the jeans and the makeup.

Think of it this way.  You will spend 18 to 20 years being a young person.  Then you will spend the next 40 to 60 years looking back on who you were for that first 20.  Be someone you can be proud of - make your mark, not someone else's.

5. Hawkesdream profile image71
    Hawkesdreamposted 6 years ago

Many people that are 'emo' did not choose to become one, they just are. I wrote a hub on this subject, maybe you might want to have a read -

http://hawkesdream.hubpages.com/hub/Am- … re-You-Emo

For those that are ' emo' display their emotions to all around. There are forums you could visit, which will help you understand the 'emo' way of living.

The emo lifestyle is not for everyone, find your own way in life. Above all, be true to yourself, do not try to be something you are not.

Good Luck

6. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Oh dear....I'm a hell of a lot older than I even THINK I am.....I didn't know how to respond to this....but I checked out the link HAWKESDREAM provided....and then it hit me how to reply.......O-yeah...EMO!  I left a comment to that HUB.

7. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

Being labelled as "something" isn't a good thing. You might think it's cool now, but it's not who you really are. You might like the style but you can avoid being called emo or thinking of yourself as emo and still wear your skinny jeans which are very cool trend.
    You can wear your jeans with band tees If you like the edgy look and you think of yourself as edgy. Think of something that represents your personality and put it out there in your clothes. For example I am a huge fan of music so I wear band tees, or you feel you're mysterious, maybe try a smokey eye look, you are really bold, try wearing bright colours and unique clothing pieces. Try to build you own image instead of copying a lousy trend.
    My best wishes smile