Skinny Jeans have to go........!

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (55 posts)
  1. kenjidynomite profile image59
    kenjidynomiteposted 14 years ago

Skinny jeans have to go....!  When did this become cool I mean can we please retire skinny jeans already.  I mean its 09 this is trend that needs to go.  I was in line behind some kid at jack in the crack and the dam kid held up the line tryin to get his money out his pocket because his pants were so dam TIGHT...!  I mean held up the line for a good 10mins.... Also let me add skinny jeans lower your sperm count cuttin off circulation to your balls,(lol dont believe me look it up)  you cant run or scale a fence in those tight jeans you cant do anything in those tight ass jeans.  And worst of all these dam kids have the nerve to sag in these tight ass jean no body wanna see those tighty whities this has to stop...!  I mean in the words of the great Dr. Dre you just a lil fag tryin to sag but your flooding at the same time...

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree tight jeans are...well...super tight.  Why do you need to scale a wall? Additionally, Dr. Dre didn't say that, it was originally on Easy E's song ft.Gangsta Dresta & B.G Knoccout making fun of Dr. Dre and Snoop.

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You da man, homes...You quote Dre, I quote Jay-Z...Your boyz jeans too tight, your colors too bright, your voice too light...its this whole sissy-movement, taking over the world, homes...

1. Pantywearer profile image59
        Pantywearerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you keep saying "I mean"?

3. ngureco profile image79
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's fine because we are actually running shot of natural resources on planet earth.

2. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I don't mind skinny jeans at all. If a guy wants to wear them who cares??
    And why would a guy need to worry about scaling a wall or climbing a fence unless they did something wrong and was running from someone?
    I really don't think skinny jeans reduce your sperm count. And I don't care enough to look it up.

1. Uzdawi profile image73
      Uzdawiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree

2. Pantywearer profile image59
      Pantywearerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here! Here! Well said.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i think they look cool.

1. profile image49
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too !

1. Anath profile image62
        Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like to see the merchandise before buying it!  I am in for skinnies.

4. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Some guys can get away with skinny jeans, it shows off their behind, some woman too. What is really gross is a 400 lb person tucked into one.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You crack me up! 

Personally, I don't care for the skinny jeans, especially the ones made with stretchy material...  I think they look horrid on most, because they have to be worn sooo tight in order to keep them up.  Now Wranglers... that's a different story.  (No Lycra there!)

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Levis here!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too, dont like skinny jeans for me, am skinny already, for men it is ok

5. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

There has to be some balance between the really tight skinny jeans and the ones that are barely hanging on about mid-thigh!

6. Mary Jane22 profile image58
    Mary Jane22posted 14 years ago

Guys should never wear skinny jeans imo, girls look great in them if unlike me you are 6ft tall and size 0

7. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I hate seeing women in skinny jeans with muffin tops!!  But I do not like seeing guys in skinny jeans at all but it is cute for some women.

8. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Lawl! The local Boston radio station keeps making fun of one of the rappers in skinny jeans, I forgot his name.

~thranax~

9. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

I like them on a girl but I don't think you will ever catch me wearing them lol just not my style. Be unique wear wacha want its what makes you YOU big_smile

10. mkott profile image68
    mkottposted 14 years ago

Skinny jeans are fine on both men and women if they have the bod to do it.  I rather see a guy in tight jeans than always having to look at his boxers or his butt crack.  With them I feel I need to go get them a belt.

11. Colebabie profile image59

some guys look hott!

12. Colebabie profile image59

and calling people fags is real mature.

13. ~Stacey~ profile image61
    ~Stacey~posted 14 years ago

I think skinny jeans on women can sometimes be alright... guys on the other hand not so much.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets elope...big_smile

14. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Skinny jeans look good on skinny people.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so.  To me, nothing looks worse than a skinny guy wearing skinny jeans - they just look like weedy nerds.  Usually there is no butt to show off, either.

Now, if we're talking about a fireman or Hugh Jackman - well, I could make an exception...

15. ChristopherHowell profile image61
    ChristopherHowellposted 14 years ago

Personally, I think that we should all just wear clothes that fit o.O when I set my army of fashion zombies on the unwitting populace it'll be trained to go after those with jeans tight enough to count pubic hair AND those who are pale from the knees down because their pants are so low their cheeks get more sun than their calves... kinda like inverse shorts or something.

... also on that list of things people will get eaten alive for,

* Ball caps that are just on the very top of their head
    * Faux fur lined coats in areas that have never seen snow
    * Belly shirts on anyone who's stomach overlaps their belt line
    * Cowboy hats on people who don't actually work with livestock
    * Twilight merchandise. Nine tenths of the proceeds come from preteen girls who get all gooey over the idea of a sparkly vampire.

16. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I am lucky I no longer have to be a slave to fashion . And there Is just something so not masculine about those skinny jeans . I am old school a man should dress like a man . But now I dress for comfort. Except when I have to bust out a suit ! Double breasted no pleats on the pants ! I still like 3 peice suits to a good classic look .

17. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Skinny jeans I think look ridiculous but I've only seen them on young boys (early teens) so can't be complaining about that, they're still learning.

The worst to me is what I just saw a few days ago in a store parking lot. A guy who was at least late twenties and likely early thirties got out of his car, messed with his pants, started walking and yanking his pants up - then had to walk with his legs spread about a foot and a half to keep the pants from falling off! And they were falling anyway!

No surprise that his wife decided to wait in the car...LOL!

I have tall thin boys, and trying to find jeans that fit them that are not skinny jeans is hard.  Think I am going to look into the extra slim wrangles... not alot different looking than the skinny jeans, but a whole different image (and no spandex).

18. profile image0

I've actually considered going up to one of these guys and in an all motherly like voice say, "Oh, here sweetheart, let me help you finish getting dressed. No, no, it's okay, I don't mind a bit."

19. collegegirl909 profile image41
    collegegirl909posted 14 years ago

Oh my gosh but i bet on igrls its great right.. isnt it..  some guys look good in them somedont especiallysagging no no

20. profile image0

Instead of skinny, this is for the ones worn around their thighs, don't know if this has already been discussed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rea86ELXafY

21. Mocha Momma profile image60
    Mocha Mommaposted 14 years ago

Skinny jeans should never be worn by straight men period.  Skinny jeans were never meant for them, and if a guy is wearing them, trust, he's not worrying about his "sperm" count because he's probably not looking to pro-create with a woman. 

The low hanging jeans are not the hotness either.  Most of those trends are dead...  I'm glad the "White-Tee" or "Nightgown" phase passed a few summers ago... I wanted to pull them down to their feet and tuck it under them and roll them all somewhere for wearing something so silly...  Looking like they raided their grandmother's closets... "Just sayin"...

1. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mocha Momma you obviously have taste ! I salute you .

22. bittybrasize profile image60
    bittybrasizeposted 14 years ago

I saw a guy in white skinny jeans the other day. That was just wrong.

23. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I really like my skinny jeans, do they really have to go? I know I may be going against the grain here but I think some guys look really hot in skinny jeans. smile

24. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

A man should dress like a man !

25. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Soooo many of my friends wear skinny jeans.  They are mostly girl jeans worn by guys.

I definitely don't wear them!

26. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

it's not skinny jeans, but the WAY u carry them that matters. if u've got the body for it, then wear 'em, I say. if not, avoid at all costs! instead of aping the latest fashion, one should wear what compliments one's body type. u can't go wrong there.

27. profile image0

Yes, Ivorwen, definitely skip the spandex! I was trying to remember why I never had the problem with my boys but it's because NONE of my boys ever wanted to wear jeans. Don't know why. Eventually a girl got involved and bought jeans for them and insisted they wear them so all but the youngest do now. Guess his time is coming..

Not to get way off topic, but what did your boys like to wear?

28. profile image0

What I mean is that a girl PER BOY got involved and dressed them in jeans, it sounded a little odd so thought I'd try to clarify.

29. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I wasn't too excited to see skinny jeans making a comeback. I just don't like em. Period. Not because they're so tight, but because I don't like that cinched in leg all the way to the ankle. I'm forever a boot-cut fan and pray I can always get em. Bootcut just gives a more slimming look, if you ask me. It's a 70's thing for me. I missed the bells when they went out in the early 80's and was more than glad to see em return in the later 90's.  Straight leg jeans are good, but skinny? Nah.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on the bootcuts.  I'm pear-shaped and they're the only jeans that really suit me, especially if they hug the hips well. 

Skinny jeans look awful on me but for some reason leggings don't, as long as I wear them with a big shirt or tunic.  In fact, that's a much more comfortable outfit for me in the summer than jeans - much less, er, sweaty.

Now harem pants are in, apparently.  I have only one word for those: "Nooooooooooooo!"

1. ediggity profile image61
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't MC Hammer used to wear those?  Who decides those pants are "in" anyway?  I also see the ladies wearing the slipper shoes a lot like they did in elementary school.  When did that all of a sudden make a come back?  Now when I walk around at the mall, I feel like I'm constantly watching someone from Flashdnce that beat up MC Hammer and took his pants.

30. profile image0

You know, I can't really say. One wore sweats until I MADE him try something else, he went to dress pants, the softer the better. He hated anything touching him and is still hoping to move to a nudist camp someday. (He's 25 now and so far his wife hasn't agreed)

Another wore those baggy, brightly decorated pants with velcro closures, no idea what they were called. I think he and one of the others eventually went to Docker-like pants, canvas or something. The youngest prefers the nylon pants, I'm still trying to persuade him into something else; he had to wear dress pants for school for a short while but he's choosing the "soft canvas" pants when he runs out of the nylon ones. Luckily he's outgrown most of them and I usually refuse to buy more.

31. dejajolie profile image60
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

I think to each their own.... I'm not one to follow trends personally but I know the reason most do is because they need to feel 'part of the crowd'. I do however despise pants hanging below the waist exposing underwear whether they are tight or baggy......Gross! Thus, I choose not to talk to, date or be seen with anyone wearing them, but by all means if you want to wear them go ahead someone will want you just NOT me.

32. chrissie123 profile image60
    chrissie123posted 14 years ago

Hate skinny jeans on guys soory just do. i love em on me though its all i wear

33. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

My thought is:  IF a male OR female wants to wear skinny jeans, they need to go through an application process (similar to American Idol) to do so.  I believe this should also apply to those who believe they can pull off a thong bikini or very small speados at the beach...well, even in their own living room....LOL.

34. chrissie123 profile image60
    chrissie123posted 14 years ago

I wear stretch skinnys THey are comfy and dont look like they are eating me lol or constricting. ANd i like the wy they make my ass look lol XD

35. mlozinski profile image87
    mlozinskiposted 14 years ago

I can't believe I read through this whole thread about SKINNY JEANS! Wow it must be my day off.  I really don't like the weird skinny jeans on boys, its just another silly trend that they'll be embarrassed about looking back in ten years.

36. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

The skinny jeans are too cute on my 2 granddaughters - ages 6 and 4!

37. Glimmer515 profile image60
    Glimmer515posted 14 years ago

Tall and thin females are the only people who should be allowed to wear skinny jeans because honestly they are the one ones who can pull them off, and even then they should be worn with a top that cover there butt. Men should NEVER EVER wear them!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)