jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you get rid of uneven skin tones?

1. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

How do you get rid of uneven skin tones?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Eat right and get plenty of exercise. I wish I could recommend a product, but it would only be a superficial, cosmetic solution to a natural condition. Healthy is beautiful!

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Good question. I just peeked in to see if there were any answers to this common skin problem. Other than cosmetic make-up, I don't know of any natural remedy for this. I will keep looking for answers though. Thanks for the probe into this.

4. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water and getting exercise are very impotant for skin health. As one ages, cell turnover slows and skin tone begins to look uneven. One option is microdermabrasion which is best performed in a doctor's or anesthetician's office. A kit can be purchased for home use which will also even out skin tones quite a bit. I use Oil of Olay's microdermabrasion kit and have found it to be quite effective.

5. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

Drink lots of water and use a very good skin cream that evens the Tone. Also, exfoliate at least twice a week. There will be a remarkable difference.

6. andreasmith185 profile image56
    andreasmith185posted 5 years ago

A yellow based foundation evens out red tones in the skin. I always use Bobby Brown foundations because they all begin with a yellow base. Some of us have a mild case of rosacea and all the healthy eating in the world won't fix it, so sometimes you have to have a cosmetic solution.

7. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

The fading cream products containing hydroquinone can be obtained in any pharmacy. One of friends say that it works.

There are a few things to remember If one uses this..

1. It is absorbed in the skin and therefore processed by the liver and kidneys to degrade..i.e. for the body to get rid of it

2. One can never get out in the sun without sunscreen anymore..

3. It is a phenol and therefore a potential carcinogen..

8. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fresh fruit, and exercise. But I think that the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer with sunscreen has also helped tremendously because it is Soy-based. My skin has never looked better.  It's the soy that evens out the skin tone.