Do you colour your own hair, or pay a professional to do it for you?

1. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Do you colour your own hair, or pay a professional to do it for you?

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

I colour my own hair. I get those hair colour products in pharmacy and hypermarket. Most of them come with easy to follow step by step instruction. Just have to put in the color evenly all over my hair and wrap them up for hours. Cost less, save money

3. purpleppleater75 profile image61
    purpleppleater75posted 4 years ago

I've been dying my hair for so long, I couldn't even tell you exactly what my natural color would be now! I've had it done by a salon professional twice- once when it was colored for the 1st time, & once about 2 years ago for a "color correction". I now use semi-permanent dye, & even though it lasts about 4-6 weeks, a trip to the salon every time it needs to be touched up would be rather costly. The dye I use is a cream dye, & runs anywhere from $10-13 ( depending on where you purchase it). The tint bowl & brush were altogether a little over $4 at the beauty supply store, & I can get at least 2 full colors from 1 bottle of 4 oz dye ( my hair is an a-line bob). Even though it's a little time consuming to color it myself, $4 for supplies & $13 every 2 months -vs- $40-60 at the salon? Definitely a money -saver!