jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever tried cutting your own hair?

1. KeithJK profile image61
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Have you ever tried cutting your own hair?

...I did a few weeks ago...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6376626_f260.jpg

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

Yes, lol I was so sick of my split ends that I took scissors to them. I made the mistake of cutting the hair in a ponytail, I was just so annoyd with them I didn't even think about how it would turn out! My hair looks even in the ponytail, but I can't ever wear it down! It's pretty bad! lol

3. landscapeartist profile image78
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

When I was younger, I used to cut my hair when I got upset about anything. Luckily for me, my sister was a hairdresser and always fixed it right for me.  The worst time was when I cut my hair so short that when she fixed it, it was maybe an inch from my scalp.  I looked like a boy.

4. lmw5 profile image61
    lmw5posted 5 years ago

Yes.  In fact, I used to cut my own hair for years when I wore it short at one time.  Don't worry, you'll get better at it. smile

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I think almost everyone tries this when they are a kid. I did this with my bangs and had to walk around for about two weeks with very angled front hairline. My mom thought that was punishment enough for the daring cut!

6. KeithJK profile image61
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

I wonder what impulses everyone to do it at least once. I can say in the last year I have tried "trimming" my long hair twice...and I ended up bald each time.

7. annart profile image84
    annartposted 5 years ago

Yes I do it every time, though I must confess that my partner does the back for me - otherwise it would end up a mess, as it's short and needs to be styled carefully.  It takes a little practice but works well and saves a fortune!

8. Trish_M profile image84
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Hi smile

Yes, I do so quite often.

My Mum always cuts her own hair, too.

And she used to cut mine.

I used to cut my kids' hair.

9. FreezeFrame34 profile image77
    FreezeFrame34posted 5 years ago

I cut my own bangs once when I was about five. I asked my mother to do it and she told me to wait one minute. I waited about one minute and then became impatient and decided it couldn't be that hard. Well, I ended up having to get them completely cut off since I cut them at a 45 degree angle.

I once decided to have my friend cut my hair to save money since I was donating ten inches to Locks of Love. They totally butchered my hair and I had to pay to get it cut anyways to straighten up the mess.

You didn't do too bad of a job yourself, though!

working