jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you purchase acrylic nails to enhance your natural ones?

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Would you purchase acrylic nails to enhance your natural ones?

2. landscapeartist profile image78
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

my own nails are so thin and brittle that I would consider the idea of getting my nails done.  I have gone with my daughters on several occasions when they got theirs done.  Some places are just too vicious in how they prepare the nails. filing down right to the flesh.  Ouch!
    I have not found a place that I feel is good enough for me yet. and the cheap store bought ones fall off too easy.

3. Shay92 profile image61
    Shay92posted 5 years ago

I have been getting mine done since I was 15 because my nails would break when they grew a certain length. But I had a bad expiriance when I was 17 with the acrylic nails. Fell off of my bike and my ring finger acrylic nail on the right hand flew off with my actual nail. It was gruesome! I didn't feel any pain because it was quick but if your carefull, unlike me, then go for it. Be creative with them and make it worth your cash!

4. shiningirisheyes profile image60
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

No, I haven''t, as yet.  Not planning to, although they look beautiful.  I'm fortunate to have my own,

5. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

With all the issues people have with chemicals these days..having fake nails is not a priority risk I would wish to take..I have seen women who have worn them for years and now their nails beds are so  deformed they will never be corrected.
    Anything we put on our body is absorbed into our system, acrylic is not one I would like in my system..no one knows how much damage the organs suffer.
    Have you noticed the operators who do acrylics ? They wear masks...just a thought...

6. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

No I would not. They look fake and they are. Nails that are too long look outdated now, and those tend to be worn longer than real nails.

Go for the short, rounded, polished look. It works for every occasion.

7. Jasmeetk profile image83
    Jasmeetkposted 4 years ago

No plans yet. I have beautiful nails and I like them naturally.