jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is gold jewelry bad luck?

1. katielrose profile image59
    katielroseposted 5 years ago

Is gold jewelry bad luck?

My boyfriend claims that there is a superstition that says gold is bad luck. I've never heard of this superstition, but he won't buy me gold jewelry because of this. It's disappointing considering that yellow gold compliments my complexion far better than white gold, silver, or platinum. So my question is: has anyone ever heard this superstition and where does it originate?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No. Never in my 43 years have I heard of this. I would think the exact opposite. In years gone by it was a sign of your wealth. It still is today in India. Indians consider gold very sacred. Go ahead and buy yourself some gold. smile

3. profile image52
    zarmeengulposted 5 years ago

I don't think so  it's bad luck or something these are just rumors actually a man create his own luck , it isn't depended. If you believe that it is bad luck for you then it would be but  there isn't any thing like that. I am from that culture where gold is our tradition but we didn't wear this for to make or good luck its just for increase our beauty.

4. profile image0
    Delila1posted 4 years ago

I have never heard of this superstition either. Gold has always been considered sacred and precious and useful and gorgeous and even medicinal.