jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is your best makeup tip?

1. sheabechtold profile image61
    sheabechtoldposted 5 years ago

What is your best makeup tip?

If someone asked you what is the best trick you've learned what would you tell them?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The best tip I ever got and still use, is to pat some kind of powder (talcum or something) under the eye before applying mascara. It keeps the area dry and oil free so you have much less under eye smudges.  Of course you want to be sure you don't use so much that you end up with white smudges either.

The other one is when I used to wear eye liner, I bought my brushes from an art store.  That way I could have the tiniest brush for a very thin line right on the eyelash line--so it more or less highlighted the eye rather than looked like a black line.

sheabechtoldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do a lot of painting myself and have many of those small brushes! Great advice! Very creative.

3. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

DON'T SLEEP WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON........................................................

Always great to remember!

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Don't over do it. Too much make up just kills your chances of being respected. So take care of your skin to use it later with creams and lotions.

Creams and lotions are a must!

5. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

If you are going to color your eybrows, use an eyebrow brush (angled), an eyeshadow such as "coffee" color, and lightly brush to fill in your eyebrows. A little will be more natural.

working