jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How to Clean Makeup Brushes

1. Research Analyst profile image84
    Research Analystposted 8 years ago

How to Clean Makeup Brushes

2. profile image0
    TypingTornadoposted 8 years ago

if using liquid soap, one or two drops in the bathroom basin with no water.  swirl the brush in it and pull it back and forth -- then rinse with warm water.  do this once a week.

if using bar soap, make sure it's good quality glycerine soap.  wet the bar, pull the brush back and forth across the wet soap.  rinse as above.  always clean your brushes at least once a week.

then drain laying on its side.  not with the handle down and bristles up, as that will undo the glue that keeps it in good shape.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Dear RA and TT, you both sound like real girly girls(I know women). Just don't take too long so we won't miss our reservation! Have fun! Peace.

4. Stay Beautiful profile image52
    Stay Beautifulposted 8 years ago

The best way I find is to use a baby shampoo. If you invest lots of money in makeup brushes a great way is to wash them with baby shampoo then condition them. Make sure you are gentle and wash all the dirt away.And then let them dry on a clean towel,this way they should take back their original shape. This will ensure that your brushes are clean and bacteria free
    Stay Beautiful x

5. profile image0
    jennafawposted 8 years ago

I use the Sephora Purifying Brush Shampoo To Go, love how it works so far. Great for natural made brushes. But I also like  Stay Beautiful's suggestion. Figured, natural hair should be treated the way we wash our hair? $6 for the Sephora, but I'll try the baby shampoo too when I run out.

6. Chatkath profile image78
    Chatkathposted 7 years ago

Keeping it simple, I usually gently wash all my make brushes in a mixture of baby shampoo and water. Fill up a bowl or sink with luke warm water/shampoo mixture, soak for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze the solution through the brush and rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
    You can also add or use a gentle antibacterial liquid soap too, this will rid brushes of any germs that accumulate if you let others use or if you carry the brushes with you for use on the run.

7. makeupdevout profile image61
    makeupdevoutposted 3 years ago

I found a really usefull information in this site: http://makeupdevout.com/2014/09/28/how- … p-brushes/

working