jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Rain boots - for all ages?

1. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Rain boots - for all ages?

I started shopping for a new pair of garden boots and am thrilled to see the wide variety of rain boots.

Now I find I want a bright violet pair of rain boots to wear on casual days.

At age 50, am I too old for violet - yes, bright purple - pink, shiny rain boots?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7334674_f260.jpg

2. rutley profile image76
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Heck no, at 50 we can wear what we want until we hear kids say, "the crazy lady with the purple boots" lives in my neighborhood!

3. BriMaureen profile image60
    BriMaureenposted 5 years ago

It seems that a lot of times, women in their fifties and sixties feel abandoned by fashion, simply because most fashion brands are marketed to women who are in their twenties and thirties. Unfortunately, this leaves more mature women feeling unsure about taking the dive into many fashion trends. There are so many voices screaming at women to stay young. There are more anti-aging creams than there are hairs on my head, and I just have one question: who stood up and decided that bold fashion choices have to end in a woman's thirties? In my personal opinion, buy those violet rain boots! No one likes wet feet, and everyone loves to wear clothes that they feel great in.

Here is a YouTube video of a trailer for a documentary that focuses on more mature women in the fashion scene. Are they a bit eccentric? Yes. But are they inspiring, beautiful, and confident? Definitely. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWKTfqivbRQ

I hope you enjoy the video, and I hope you buy the rain boots in violet!

4. K-112 profile image61
    K-112posted 5 years ago

I think you should wear whatever you want! If purple rain boots reflect your personality you should wear them no matter what your age is...you're never too old to be yourself!

working