Are anti-aging products bad for teens?

1. profile image49
    yeabuddyposted 5 years ago

Are anti-aging products bad for teens?

My niece is asking my sister to buy her lotions for wrinkles, under-eye circles. etc.. She has even been asking to get some stuff for Christmas. I'm wondering, is it bad for her to be using products at this age? She's fifteen....

2. sparkleyfinger profile image94
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

Yes. The products are made to be used for a specific age range as they encourage the production of cells that naturally die off as we get older. These creams will probably puff her face out, or give her acne!!!  I'm 24,and I recently used an anti aging cream made for 30+ because I couldn't find anything for a younger market, and my face broke out in terrible spots, and has since been really greasy... Not good!

3. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

She likely doesn't need the products and some will cause acne or possibly other issues such as peeling, irritation, and dryness. At her age, I'm sure she doesn't have wrinkles let alone any that require creams, lotions, etc.

Further, the chemicals in these products aren't good for anyone of any age and for the vast majority of over the counter items, they just don't work. If a person of any age truly needs these things (that aren't chemical free), they should at least go to a dermatologist to get something that actually works.

working