jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image88
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

2. Alaina Smith Cain profile image60
    Alaina Smith Cainposted 5 years ago

Yes, finally but oh God, did it hurt! But you have to do it or your teeth will keep getting absessed with all that pus that you would rather get them removed! The only wisdom to wisdom teeth is being wise enough to have them extracted as soon as they come in.

3. KellyG05030 profile image70
    KellyG05030posted 5 years ago

I had mine removed as a senior in high school - the Orthodontist moved my teeth back and forth with my braces, and my wisdom teeth were pushed down.  My husband had his removed a couple years ago as an adult - his never broke through the gums either.  One of them was impacted almost to his jaw bone.  Those wisdom teeth can be buggers, right?!

4. Dusana1234 profile image60
    Dusana1234posted 5 years ago

Yes and it was very painful. Not when they removed it, but afterwards. I was in pain for 3 days, no eating, even to swallow simple water was painful. On top of that I was all bruised and swollen from the pain.
    Ahhh memories.
    All the best!

Dusana :-)

5. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Yes, and I ,too, would agree that the sooner this is done, the better.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. All four of them. During the pain that bottle of pink medicine was my beast friend. My husband, boyfriend at the time, and his mother called me a chipmonk because my cheeks swelled up. It was not pretty. But I'm happy it is done. The wisdom teeth were pushing all of the others together and really causing me pain.

7. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Have lived through my own, my young husbands, three sons and a couple of their girl friends.  The sooner the better, but not too soon or they may not get them all.
    My husband was 21 when he had his out.  The wisdom teeth had forced a molar sideways. It had to be pulled later.  The day he had his teeth pulled they gave him a rubber glove that had been frozen to simulate a hand resting on a jaw.  Great ice pack idea. 
    One of my kids was a a car wash fund raiser the next day.  One kid slept for a couple of days, and one was in such pain that I called the doctor 4 hours after the surgery.  He changed the medicine changed the antibiotic and the boy was off and socializing the next day.  The meds put me out for three days.  I remember it being hard to study. 
    Our oral surgeon gives coupons for milk shakes .  Milk shakes are lovely.

8. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

No, I need all the wisdom I can get. Reading the answers here, I'm very glad mine have never given a moment of trouble.

working