jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What does Michael Kors,Louis Vuitton,or Coach mean to you?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 4 years ago

What does Michael Kors,Louis Vuitton,or Coach mean to you?

What does the bag signify for you? Does it signify excellence? Beauty? Wealth?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I had a Coach wallet once that I received as a gift.  I was more concerned about getting it dirty the whole time I used it rather than showing it off.  I have to admit, while I am a frugal shopper, there is something to be said about wearing a nice purse over your shoulder.

3. SAM ELDER profile image74
    SAM ELDERposted 4 years ago

Hardly wealth , design details and of course undeniable quality, that's all.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

For me, handbags are an unnecessary evil. As for the designer brands, I wouldn't know one from another.

5. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 4 years ago

I do have a Coach handbag that I purchased off of eBay for less than $50.00  because it suited my needs. I am pleased with the quality and like the style but I would never have purchased it for the retail suggested price of $275.00 - ridiculous!

6. KEPitz1005 profile image60
    KEPitz1005posted 4 years ago

Honestly, to me, those names signify nothing but a waste of money! Who in the world needs to spend $500+ for a purse? Why would anyone want to carry a bag that's plastered with the designer's logo and be their walking advertisement? They should be paying the consumers to advertise their overpriced products - not charging them ridiculously high prices to do it.

1. harmony155 profile image70
      harmony155posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more!!

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Being a strict "non-label" kind of gal, all my life, I must be brutally honest.   I am happy to say that DESIGNER items are made only for the very wealthy.  I suppose one purpose for this would be so that the extremely privileged, can openly shout their status boldly and publicly.   This saves on obnoxious boasting and a whole lot of nauseating statements of superiority from these silver spoon, diamond-studded creatures.   They can afford the very best....so they buy it all and show it off continually...to remind the little people that they are, in fact, those individuals who HAVE IT ALL....
    IMO, it's rather silly and pretentious for an ordinary, quite average old gal, like myself, to sport a "bag" like you mention......there would certainly be no big fat wallet inside.....and don't you think it might clash with my Target wardrobe and Pay-Less shoes, as I drive my Pontiac Vibe?
    But, since you mention those guys......I grew up with a snotty-nosed kid named Michael Kors......and went to school with Louie Vuitton and his older brother, Guido.  I think their parents came over on the boat...........and oh yeah, we called my Dad, "Coach," because he taught all the kids to play baseball..... so, I guess that's what those NAMES mean to ME!   Is that close enough??