jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hi all Im in need of some help about a peace of art Arthur J Elsley painting fro

1. profile image54
    wakey123posted 4 years ago

Hi all Im in need of some help about a peace of art Arthur J Elsley painting from 1903.

I come across this lovely painting on a car boot about 1 month ago.i dont no what it was that make me buy it but I did.i payed £2 for it.3 weeks later I got it out of my garage and had a look at it.its cald (golden hours) and the artist is called Arthur j elsley.i dont no what to do.the painting if its a genuine painting is wirth alot of money.please any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks wakey123

2. Faithful Daughter profile image85
    Faithful Daughterposted 4 years ago

I would have it appraised then decide if I want to keep it, sell it, or auction it off.

1. profile image54
      wakey123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Could you advise me were to take? Thanks

2. Faithful Daughter profile image85
      Faithful Daughterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not sure. There are probably appraisers in your area or near you that can also advice you or give you more information. You would probably find them in a phone book or the internet.

3. galleryofgrace profile image81
    galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago

Submit an image in "google search" for images. If you should find one or find work by that artist that should help you find a value.
    There are also websites where you can research the artists name and then more work done by that artist.
    There are several online sites that will do an appraisal from a photo. You may want to also have it checked to make sure it's authentic and not a copy. You should be able to find an art shop locally that will do this.

working