Different Types / Styles Of Shoe Names For Women
Names Of Different Footwear Names For Women
As women shoe styles have various details, textures and color shading, this gives it its different types and names. There are many high fashion heels as well as boots / flats footwear for women. There are women that prefer high heels, while others make do with flats.
There are about 5 groups or types of women footwear that have different names according to the the shoe styles. These are the different shoe types for Women Shoe Fashion Trends:
You can find the following shoe names under pumps: peep toe, wedge, slingback, t-strap, stacked heels, demi-wedge, mary jane and moderate heels.
Flats shoe names are: ballerina, moccasin, sneaker and saddle shoes
Boots footwear have the following names under it: ankle boots, shearling, cowboy boots, wellington, chukka boots, bootie, jodhpur, and riding boots.
Clogs and Mules
Mules and clogs have the following shoe names under it: marabou mule, open back clog, closed toe mule, wooden sabot.
I have written a separate blog about the different types of women sandals.
Women's Fashion Shoe Names Description
This is just a brief description of different shoe names for women. I want to stress here that shoe names are quite different from designers shoe names. Any designer shoe name is only the brand name for that type of shoe. Here are the shoes:
- Sandals do not cover the heels. Women sandals are light shoes that straps are used to hold it together at the foot. Some sandals are strapless, but have open heels.
- Pumps usually have no fastenings and they have thin soles. This style of shoes do not cover the instep. Pumps are lightweight shoes.
- Boots are type of shoes that rise up to the calf. There are ankle boots as well as thigh boots. Ankle boots are usually buttoned shoes or tight fitting. It comes up over the ankles. Thigh boots covers most of the thigh area.
- Mules and Clogs shoes are usually worn indoors. Mules have vamps and leaves the heels open or bare. Some clogs usually have wooden soles.
- Flats shoes are casual wears that have soft slip-on. They have flat heels
You can wear your shoes with any number of clothing. You can team your heels up with jeans, skirt, blouse or shirt. Your flat shoes can go with your tight or leggings.