Backup Contacts, Pick Ringtones, and Install a Better Messaging Client on Your Android Smartphone
My first biggest complaints about my new Android phone (Samsung Intercept) were the following:
- I have to actually TYPE in the start of a contact number to message them if I started the message process from the actual messaging app. I mean, seriously, who memorizes their contacts these days.
- I had no option to set individual ringtones for contacts. This is a basic phone feature we've come to know and love. It is beyond me why this feature does not come standard.
With these two complaint nagging me, I have found the apps to bring me and my Android to "contact salvation".
You too can experience the joy I have.
Read on ;)
Ringo LiteClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Set unique ringtones for every contact
- Set unique SMS tone for every contact
- Set contact photos
- PRO version available with lots more options (but the basic is plenty for me)
ChompSMSClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Brings up the address book from the messaging app to select recipients
- Looks super fancy with the bubbles-very Iphone "ish"
- Set color options for everything
- Widgets for desktop-Big and Small
- Supports templates (canned messages
- Text to speech support
- Notifications (make sure to turn off regular messager's notifications so you don't get them twice)
Lookout Mobile Security-Ultimate Backup!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Lookout Mobile Security-Ultimate Backup!
- Backup phone calls, pictures, and CONTACTS
- Free online account with 2gbs of storage
- Easy "restore" feature.
- Additional antivirus features and phone locator