How to Use BlueFTP LG Rumor Touch App to Install Free Ringtones
Make It Easier!!!
Some of us, with the LG Rumor Touch , have tried the the ringtone process of downloading, converting, renaming, and drag/dropping.
We also have a few frustrations with the long"ish" process.
There is an easier way!!
Now that we know how to install apps on the Rumor Touch, I stumbled on BlueFTP.
I am so excited about it!
For the other guide that includes instructions for creating message tones in qcp format (this guide will only allow you to create video ringtones 3g2), go HERE!
So Tell Me Already!
Using the BlueFTP v.1.6 (includes compression/decompression features) or 1.5 as a local file manager, we can rename and move files without the use of a PC or USB connection.
If we use v.1.6, we can download zipped JAD/JAR files and decompres s them in our APPS folder all on our phones without using a PC or USB connection.
This is very very exciting!
You will have to use Opera Mini to download mp3 files or zip files.The pre-installed NetFront browser does not allow you to save these items. You must use Opera Mini.
I mentioned Audiko in my first ringtones guide, and we can still download ringtones from there through Opera Mini. Lack of a Flash Plugin, however,makes it so we cannot preview them on the site.
BlueFTP Photo Tour-Watch FullScreen
Where Do I Get BlueFTP??
BlueFTP is published by Medieval Software.
BlueFTP v1.5/1.4 is adware and is free. You can find it on Getjar.com.
BlueFTP v.1.6 is a "pay-for" version with additional features like compression/decompression. In the photos, I am using v.1.6.
There is a "cracked" version of v1.1.6 on umnet.com and on getjar.com.
You can buy v.1.6 legit here--->Medieval Software.
You will need to learn to install apps to your phone if you have not already done so----Go HERE!
How Do I Make a Ringtone?
1. You have Opera Mini installed on your phone.
2. You have a microSD card in your phone.
3. You have installed BlueFTP on your phone.
1. In Opera Mini, navigate to Audiko or your favorite ringtone download site where you can get .mp3 tones.
2. Download a few tester tones to your microSD card (don't forget when you save, you have to scroll down to get to "memory card")
3. "Exit" Opera Mini or "Send to Background"
4. Load BlueFTP and navigate to "Memory Card (MemoryCard)". Your .mp3 files should be at the bottom of the "root" (first screen) of the memory card.
5. Select one and scroll the BlueFTP menu (lower left corner) to "Rename Item".
6. In the "rename item" screen, change the .mp3 file extension to .3g2 and save.
7. Now test it. BlueFTP will allow you to play/preview or play audio and video in the explorer itself.
8. Once you have a working tone, exit out of BlueFTP. Go to MASS STORAGE-FILE MANAGER and select MORE (bottom right corner) and "Copy Multiple" from the menu list. Select the desired tone and copy it to IN PHONE.
9. It is now a "video" and can be assigned as a "video ringtone".