Do's and Do not's to Writing the Perfect Facebook Status - Cool Statuses
Staring at that blank status area of your Facebook can be a stressful feeling. You want to update your status and let your friends know how you are feeling, but you don’t want to type something that makes you appear foolish or strange. Here is a list of some simple dos and don’ts for writing a good Facebook status.
- · Do share important things that are going on in your life. Did you just get a promotion? Is your bowling team making the playoffs? Is your daughter getting married? Keeping up with important news is why most people bother to read Facebook status updates anyway.
- · Do post a motivational quote or statement. You want your friends to feel UP when they are reading your Facebook.
- · Do post a good clean joke or pun. Everyone likes a good laugh!
- · Do post a funny picture or a music video from Youtube, you can share some of your personality by posting videos or pictures.
- · Don’t post EVERY detail of your life. Your friends don’t need to know that you went to the grocery store and bought green beans.
- · Don’t give graphic medical details. Your friends may care about your overall health, but they don’t want to hear every detail of your colonoscopy.
- · Don’t post snarky comments that are intended to make one certain person feel bad. Not only is that rude, the comment could make someone else feel like you are talking about them and cause more bad feelings.
- · Don’t post gossip. It can only hurt someone in the long run. Make sure it is okay with someone before you post information about them on Facebook.
- · Don’t post depressing musical lyrics and poetry. They will just make people wonder what is going on with you, and make them uncomfortable.
- · Don’t profess love for someone if you don’t know how they feel in return. This is a sure way to experience disappointment in a very public manner.
- · Don’t post Facebook statuses drunk. EVER!
Hopefully these tips will help you to write the perfect Facebook status that shares your feelings, without risking hurting someone else or opening yourself up to problems.
Just in case you can't think of anything to write for your Facebook status, here are some links to lists of interesting status updates, funny status updates, quotes for your Facebook page, and good song lyrics.
- Facebook Status: The Fun, the Witty, the Silly and ...
I confess ladies and gents, I have become a Facebook addict of late. Don't know why. I get the kick out of reading Facebook statuses. Call me a nitwit to those who heartily disagree. I don't really care....
- Funny Facebook Status-Funny Status Lines
Funny Facebook status? Funny status lines? You are not serious right? As of September 2009, Facebook has now three hundred million members all over the world making it one of the leading social...
- 100 Funny FaceBook Status Updates
What happens when you suffer from insomnia and have trouble focusing on things? You create a list of 100 funny or witty FaceBook statuses and updates collected from various sources. Hope you guys enjoy them as...
- Facebook Status Ideas to Get More Comments!
Have you ever posted a status update on Facebook and no one comments on it? It happens. This article is dedicated to give you plenty of examples and ideas of how to write a status update successfully so you'll...
- 195 Hilarious and Inspirational Facebook Status Upda...
I won't bore you with a story, I'll just give you a list of funny and sarcastic lines. For the ones that I did not develop on my own, I have included the source if I recall its origin. Enjoy!! Sarcasm...