- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
Facebook a Giant Emerging Serpent that is Gripping the World
I just want to share this email which I was discussing with one of my school mate and close friend, who has a friends studying in USA. My friend had a discussion going with her friend in USA. Than she forwarded me the discussion. After going through, I realize the importance of this discussion. It maybe controversial to some like myself in some respect, as I use it for business gain but is generally helpful to the wider mass. So I decided to polish up the discussion and publish it here. Some shared insights and experience recounted in this discussion has enlightened me. Hope it does the same to you.
You all have the right to your opinion but it’s good also to have an open mind about how the Devil is using technology to slowly destroy our lives and relationship with God. I pray that God will give you wisdom and peace as read the following email below. I have decided to keep his name anonymous. Parents please don’t be ignorant about how your child is using face book and mobile phones, guide them about the truth so they become good youths for tomorrow
Negative impacts of Facebook
For example, in Face book posts and photos makes us gossip, envy, proud, self-centered, lie, jealous, pretend, impatient, unforgiving, judge, curse, and the list goes on. Imagine we see someone wearing a shirt or did her hair beautifully that we unconsciously lust or covert it. Also, our emotions of the day will be affected by Face book posts. I want to state some of the facts I have found out after reading posts and looking at people's photos. I don’t know it may be different from your perspective.
I know I am sexy and I know it
Impact at deeper phsycological level
Our unconscious mind plays very significant roles in our daily decisions yet we do not know. There is a growing trend where people share photos of how they look, especially among young adults and teenagers. By hiding behind technology they can write things they will never say in person. For me and myself I see that face book has influenced my unconscious and I have done and think ungodly things. Face book pictures and posts have influenced me to think of what I should wear, look like, hair cut, sexy, what to eat such that I forget what Jesus said: ' seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything comes later'.
The 6 most dreaded things face book does
1. Waste of TIME - Precious time have been wasted when one should fill his mind with noble (education) things that may add value to his life
2. Ego-Facebook breeds egoism. Everything is about ME. I went there. I did this, I ate this. I met this. I listen to this song. I watched this movies. My boyfriend said this...ME....I...MINE.....
3. Breeds Lies- Many lie a lot especially when they comment on people or inbox them. There is no half-lie or half-truth. It's either a lie or a truth. Full stop.
4. Covert- You know what I mean here. It’s about dreaming and wishing and longing..
5. Lust/ Sexual Immorality- Looking at pictures, one naturally have canal thoughts. He or she can't control it. It happens unconsciously. Thinking sinful things is already a sin...and sin has no magnitude. Whether its small or big its still a sin and its wages is same.
6. Idolizing- when one think of 'how do I look' then it so deeply rooted in my self-image. Looking sexy and in form. If you think it’s not true just scroll around FB and see for yourself.
There is even a Facebook group in my country PNG, that is named " I am sexy and I know it". I was invited to the group but made an exit few days later. It so full of negativity and puffed up ego. Especially young girls show up their body naked and every Likes it. And I mean, less clothes you a girl has on her body, morel Likes she earns. Read the thread of comments that follow. Some are really sickening.
I am not a very religion person. I believe in a master universal Laws and that is why I believe in positivity and good deeds. So I give few suggestions here. Take it or live it. I'm OK with that. Unfriend everyone who posts ungodly pictures or posts. Get out of groups that discuss unintelligent issues. You only are lowering yourself. If someone writes a posts you don’t know the facts so if you want to comment its either be in a form of short neutral sentences or simply ' Like'. Take some time to ponder on the things discussed above and feel free to share with your friends