- Internet & the Web»
- Web Page & Web Site Development
Finding Default Joomla Template: How to Find Current Default Template in Joomla?
Discovering Joomla default template is very simple. Joomla templates are the main look and feel of your website. Each Joomla site must have a default template installed. It's simple to find out the default current template of Joomla. Finding the default template in Joomla is the main vision of this page.
Reasons to Find the Default Current Template
- If you would like to change the current default template, you must have to know the location of the template where the template is installed.
- If you like to change anything like color, background etc. you need to access the default template and then have to change the code.
- If you like to change or add new menus, submenus, polls etc. customization look and feel then you must have to access the default template and then change it.
Related Topics of Default Current Template
- How can I find the default installed template in Joomla?
- Where is the current default template of my Joomla website?
- How to find the default Joomla template?
Getting Ready to Start
To find the default Joomla installed template, you need to log in to the Joomla! administration panel, which you can reach by going to the address http://www.example.com/administrator directory (where Joomla! is installed) in your web browser address bar.
Note: Here example is the name of your domain address. If your domain name is like www.JoomlaOne.com then you have to go http://www.JoomlaOne.com/administrator address and then have to log in with username and password.
Steps to Find Current Default Joomla Template
Step 1: When you have logged in to your Joomla! website's administration panel, then navigate to the Template Manager feature under Extensions | Template Manager in the menu.
Step 2: When the page has been loaded, a list of the templates will be visible that are currently installed on your Joomla!-powered website.
Step 3: A list of installed templates will be visible to the table of the template list. The current default template displays a star icon under the Default title in the table. By default the the current default template is the rhuk_milkyway, which is installed by default at the time of your Joomla installation.
How It Works
Joomla!'s Template Manager feature helps the administrator to access all the installed teimplates which are currently available to use. It also allows the site owner to change the template as default template that your website's visitors will see.
More Infomation to Know...
There are lots of information which can be viewable by simple a click on any template. Just choose the template and you can find more information related to the template under the template of Template Manager section.
Tips and Ticks
Hover your mouse cursor to any name of the template in the list of the templates and you will see a small thumbnail preview of what the Joomla! template looks like. This can be useful to choose a default template of your website.