Getting your HUB or other Website Listed in Search Engines Fast
Now that you've put all of this time and effort into writing the perfect HUB, blog or web page, you need people to read it right? There are a lot of different things you can do to drive traffic to your page such as:
- Purchasing Advertising from Google or elsewhere
- A YouTube Video
- Link Exchanges with other sites
- Putting a Link to your site in the signature of your forum posts
- Publishing an Article to an Article Directory with a link to your site included
- Linking to it on Social Networks like FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and MySpace (See my article How to Add your RSS feed to Facebook)
Those are all great ways to promote your site and I could write forever about just how to do each of them, but ultimately, every writer's dream is to be listed in the search engines, for free. Now you could just sit back and wait. Eventually the spiders that crawl the web looking for new content will probably happen upon your writing, especially on a high traffic web network like HubPages. But who wants to wait, 2 weeks? 6 months? forever? hoping for some search engine, somewhere to notice you?
There is an easier, faster method. Most of the major search engines will allow you to submit your site for free through a very fast and easy webform. Below are links to the Site Submission pages for some of the major search engines. Copy the link to your HubPage, blog, or website, then click on each of the links below and submit, submit, submit.
WARNING: Do not submit any given HubPage or website more than once to each search engine. Spamming the search engines will NEVER get you listed faster and will most likely get you black listed forever.
And do not forget to bookmark this page so that you can come back and submit each new HubPage or Blog Post you write.
Top Search Engine Free Submission Pages
Related SEO Articles
- Blog Guide: Getting Your Blog to Rank Highly In Search Engines
There is little point in writing a blog if no one comes to read it. There are a few easy techniques you can use to improve your rankings. NOTE: This is highly relevant to HUBs too!
- Blog Guide: Improve Search Engine Rank by Pinging
You can quickly and easily tell the search engines that you have made an update and that they should send their spiders out to re-crawl your site by Pinging. NOTE: You can use your HUB RSS feed to ping!
- Work at Home Center: Promote your Blog and Get Traffic with Social Bookmarking Sites
Social bookmarking is a method of sharing internet links with others. Visitors bookmark (save) content that they find helpful, useful, or interesting on social bookmarking sites. Keep reading to find out how to get more traffic...
- How to Add your RSS Feed to Your Facebook Page
As a Hubber, I found that I wanted to share my hubs with my friends on Facebook. But how to do it easily? I'm a very busy person and did not want the tedious task of remembering to post a separate...