How To Fix Microsoft Office Starter 2010 Quickly and Easily
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has been a great program. It came pre-loaded on my laptop at the time I purchased it over two years ago. I have used it for many personal and business documents, that is...until yesterday! I began to open a document to make a flyer for an expo and it would not open! No flyer, no blank....nothing! I panicked! What was I going to do! With a little research and a few simple steps....it was fixed! I learned that I was only one of many who have had this happen. If you have had this happen, don't worry and don't rush out and purchase an expensive program, simply read this how to fix Microsoft Office Starter 2010 quickly and easily and you can fix it yourself!
Step-By-Step Instructions To Repair Microsoft Office Starter 2010
Let's begin at the beginning. Follow these simple steps and you will soon be creating a new Word document!
- Start your computer and once it has completely booted, click on Control Panel. See picture number 1. Be sure any and all files are closed.
- Once you are in the computer's Control Panel, scroll down to the file marked Programs and Features (these are typically in alphabetical order). See picture number 2. Click on this file to open.
- Once it is open, scroll down the page, look for Microsoft Office Starter 2010. Mine is marked English as well. See picture number 3. Once it is highlighted, click on it once. Above the list, a button will appear on the bar above marked "Change".
- Click on the Change button. You will see a screen that says "Repair Microsoft Office Click To Run." Click on the "Yes" button. See picture 4.
- Next you will find a screen that tells you that it is processing! See picture 5. It will take a few minutes during which you may be unable to use your computer for anything at all, but it is definitely worth it!
- Once it is complete, you will see a message that tells you it has been repaired! See picture 6. Hooray!
- Last, but not least....test it out! Can you now open your files and use your documents? It worked for me! I imagine it did for you as well! If not, go back to step one and try it again. A missed step could alter your results!
Only a few minutes and the problem is fixed! Don't you wish every problem would be this easy to fix? In all reality, this should fix it every time. Realistically, however, it won't. If you are one of the few that can't fix it with these steps, go to the company website at www.microsoft.com where you will find many other places to search for your solution.
Join Me On HubPages!
- prektjr.dc on HubPages
Hello!! I began hubbing to expand my horizons while helping others to expand theirs! I can't believe it has been a year already! Wow! I have...
Text and Photo Copyright 2012 Deborah M. Carey