- Internet & the Web
How to Deal With An Email Hack and Spam Sent
Introduction to Hacking
I first suggest checking out my prior articles below. You will likely find the information you are looking for, but before reading the article, BOOKMARK this page then after reading the article you need come back to it and follow my advice.
TAKE OUR POLL TO HELP OTHERS
What Emai lProvider Do You Use?
AFTER THE "HACK"
As I mentioned before, you're probably confused, maybe even embarrassed... especially if your hacker sent emails like this:
to your good friends, business associates or family. The business associates is probably the WORST - as if I want the head district JUDGE to get "spammed" by.... me. UGH.
Thankfully, if you read my other article about Yahoo or Gmail hacking, you'll be able to get to to the root of the problem ASAP. Your hacking issue could be related to cyber stalking or simply someone accessing your account by breaking into it.
Do You Have an "Address Book"?
The very first question is, "Do you have an Address Book" where you keep track of all your "contacts"? If so, then you should IMMEDIATELY send them all an email telling them NOT to "open" or click on links from the email sent on (suspected date). Inform them that you have been "hacked" and that you apologize for this "spam".
What an Address Book Looks Like:
After Sending an Email to Contacts
Depending on your "social status"; you may want to consider the following:
1. A Facebook Post / Tweet / LinkedIn, Google+ or whatever site you use update to notify people who may have gotten emails from you. Keep it short and simple "I am very sorry; my email account was hacked last night and thousands of my contacts were sent SPAM. I apologize for this; if you received an email from my account last night, please do not open it nor click the links"
- people will be much more understanding with honesty.
2. Change your password and create backup measures as I wrote about in my Yahoo Email Hack article. Even if you use a different email provider, all of the information is similar.
3. IF you know who "hacked your account" via proof of login, you will want to review my articles about Cyber Stalking and contacting Police. It is NOT legal for someone to enter your email without your permission, let alone send out messages.
TAKE OUR POLL TO HELP OTHERS
DO YOU KNOW YOUR "HACKER"?
Before you go to police or begin "firing back", please take the time to read all of my other articles that are related to your situation. I have spent a great worth of time on trying to assist others with Cyber Crime Relates issues:
- Am I Being Stalked: Signs of Stalking Harassment
Do you feel like someone is Stalking you online or in-person? Learn signs of Stalking and Harassment. Stalking is NOT legal and you do not have to tolerate it! How to protect yourself from Stalkers.
- What to Do if Yahoo Email Has Been Hacked
How to tell if your email has been
- Fake Facebook Profiles: Are They Legal? Can I Get in...
So you want to make a fake Facebook profile to spy on an ex, catch a cheater or just bulk up your friends list? Before you do so, you may want to think twice.
- Getting Harassing Text Messages? How to Report Them ...
Harassing text messages come in many forms; from an angry / emotional individual to non-stop harassment from a business in the form of Text Spam. Learn how to solve your SMS Harassment
- The Difference Between a PPO and a Restraining Order
If you are involved in harassment, stalking, cyber-stalking, cyber-bullying or need protection from someone, learn the difference between a Personal Protection Order and a Restraining Order
- How to File a Legal Case Against a Stalker / Harasse...
Everything you need to know about Stalking, Harassment, PPO's, Restraining Orders, Criminal and Civil Cases. A must-read before going to police or contacting a lawyer.
- How to Stop Harassing Phone Calls from Google Voice ...
Google Voice is a service that allows users to make phone calls from a number other than their cell phone or landline. But what happens when the service is abused? Stop Harassment from Google Voice!
- How to Stop and Report Facebook Harassment Stalking
Cyber Bullying is everywhere; from Google Voice to Twitter to Facebook - learn how to identify Facebook harassment and report it. Harassment is not legal and you do not have to take it!
- How to Stop and Report Youtube Harassment Stalking
Cyberbulling isn't just related to teens. From co-workers to employees to relationships-gone-south; internet harassment comes in many forms, including YouTube. Learn how to Report and Stop it today!
- How to Report Internet Spam, Unwanted Calls, YouTube...
In my last article, I uncovered a new Domain Renewal Scam/ Spam. in today's article I will teach you exactly how to report Internet Spam, Scams and Harassment from them.
The Beginning of Cyber Stalking / Hacking
Unfortunately, if you are "the public eye" like I am, you attract "stalkers", "cyber stalkers" and other weirdos on a regular basis, even if the actions you take are nothing more than keeping your "fan base" up-to-date with your daily "goings-on". I have come to realize that even the smallest things like revelaing my party dress can quickly turn into obsession, although I meant nothing other than to show off how awesome it is (see video below) -