- Computers & Software
Solved! How to Delete Kaspersky Temporary "Temp" Files and Speed Up Your Computer
How to Delete Kaspersky Temp Files
Ever wondered why your computer is running slow? Do you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus installed? There could be a connection!
A few months after I installed I noticed that my computer was running painfully slow and barely had any free disk space left. After a little investigation I narrowed down the culprit to be a Kaspersky temp folder that had almost 3 gb of useless files in there. That's extremely wasteful. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
If you are running Kaspersky Anti-Virus, I urge you to read the following article and make sure that your computer is not running unnecessarily slow due to unnecessary Kaspersky temporary files.
1. Open up Kaspersky Ant-Virus and click the setting button .
2. Click on Options and uncheck enable self defense. (It’s a good idea to not be connected to the internet from this point on.)
4. To proceed to the following steps, ensure that you have the show Hidden files and folders optioned enabled.
on your version of windows, navigate to the following folders.
For Vista and Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Data
For Vista and Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Data.
Earn Money on Hub Pages Too
6. You will likely find a great number of files in this folder. Look for any file ending in the .tmp extension and hit delete. Don’t worry your computer doesn’t need these files.
7. Turn on Kaspersky and click on Options and check enable self defense. It’s now safe to resume internet connection.
Is Your iPad Running Slow?
- 7 Tips to Speed Up Your iPad
If your iPad is getting sluggish, these 7 tips may significantly speed your iPad back to how it was when you first bought it.