How to Find Your Facebook ID Number
Every Facebook user has a unique ID number associated with their account, but Facebook makes you jump through a few hoops to get it. Knowing your Facebook ID is important because some applications and services on Facebook require that you know your Facebook ID number to use that service or install that application. Any Facebook user can access the Facebook ID number associated with his account through the Facebook Developers website in a matter of minutes.
Finding Facebook ID Number
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the Facebook Developers website, available here.
- Click the "Build for Websites" button on the middle-left side of the page to open the Facebook for Websites page.
- Click "Tools" in the menu on the left side of the page to open a drop-down menu and also the Tools page on the right side of the screen.
- Click "Graph API Explorer" either in the drop-down menu directly beneath Tools or beneath Learning How to Use the APIs on the right side of the page. The Graph API Explorer screen appears.
- Click the blue "Log In" button in the upper-right corner of the Graph API Explorer page to be redirected to the traditional Facebook Log In screen.
- Enter the username and password associated with the Facebook account you want to acquire the ID number for and then click "Log In." You'll be redirected back to the Graph API Explorer part of the Facebook Developers website. A shade box appears on the lower-left side of the screen that displays information associated with your Facebook account, such as your real name, your Facebook username, your sex and more.
- The first piece of information in that shaded box say "id" followed by a number inside of quotation marks. The number inside of the quotation marks to the right of this field is the Facebook ID number associated with your account.