How to activate 3G on Vodafone?
The two simple and easy steps by which you can activate Vodafone 3G services:
- For receiving the Vodafone services, you need to send an SMS “ACT 3G” to 111 for post-paid users and to 144 for per-paid users with the activation code as text. But before you need to choose the plan you desire from the link provided in the Vodafone official website and also note down the activation codes along with other details).
- After you send the SMS, you will get a confirmation SMS on your Vodafone number that they have received the activation message. Normally it would take less than 48 hours for your Vodafone 3G services to get activated after you get confirmation.
The charges are more or less similar to the existing 2G plan. But video calls might get charged at the rate of INR 3 per minute of call. You might have to change the network mode to UMTS or HSDPA in order to use the high-speed Vodafone 3G services unhindered.
Vodafone 3G activation on Android platform in a few easy steps:
- Select Vodafone 3G Activation
- Select APN settings
- Go to SETTINGS
- Go to WIRELESS and NETWORKS
- Go to MOBILE NETWORKS
- APN: www
- Restart mobile if necessary
Once you get your Vodafone 3G services activated, you can enjoy services such as Video Café, Video Calling, Vodafone TV, HD Gaming, Faster Downloads, High Speed Internet and Vodafone Newswrap.
Vodafone 3G services has both post-paid and pre-paid plans that are more or less similar to each other. For Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid plans, the monthly rentals would start from INR 100 for a limit of 100 MB and will enjoy 30 days validity. Mobile Internet plans will see a monthly rental of Rs.1000 for a limit of 1000 MB plus 1000 local and STD calls plus 1000 SMS and 30 days validity. There are six different mobile broadband plans available for interested Vodafone prepaid users. The starting cap is a monthly rental of Rs. 650 and the highest limit is of Rs. 6250.