- Computers & Software»
- Computer Science & Programming
Insert a Pause between processes
There have been times that I've needed to pause a step in my Coldfusion application. Maybe, I need to send out an email with an attachment. I've found that sometimes the process for building the attachment file did not complete, and the email was blank. Does seem odd, but it has happened.
You could have your application set off a schedule of the next processes with cfschedule, or just pause the application for a certain amount of time to give all the prior processes to complete.
basically, I would place the following snippet of code between the processes:
// copy file to another server for backup
<cffile action = "copy"
source = "D:\inetpub\domains\www\attachments\#trim(filename)#"
// have the thread pause for 100 miliseconds for the copy to complete
thread = CreateObject("java", "java.lang.Thread");
// Send out email with attachment
<b>This is an automatic email.</b>
Some other Coldfusion Articles
- Adobe Coldfusion Tip For Finding Duplicate Records In SQL Database
- Coldfusion: allowing max file size when uploading
- ColdFusion: Monitor Hard Drive Space And Email Alert
- Coldfusion SQL Tips: Creating Tables, Backup, Fields
- Coldfusion Programming: Accessing a shared network drive
- Coldfusion: Encrypting and Decrypting Data
- Adobe Coldfusion Help: Query To Spreadsheet
- ColdFusion: Upload a pipe delimited file and insert into SQL table
- Coldfusion programming: How to submit muliple records at the same time that have the same field name
- How To Upload Multiple Files With ColdFusion