How to point your domain4me.in domain name to your blogger blog
Use custom domain to blogger blog
Using custom domain name for your blogger blog using domain forwarding or DNS records
Custom domain name for your blog can be a very good idea. So your blog readers can remember your blog address easily. Custom domain name will help you to brand your blog as well as give it a good personality. Domain registration is cheap nowadays, so securing a domain name for your blog will be a wise move. There are ways to have your blog with custom domain name without moving your blog content to new hosting server or anywhere.
This article will tell you how to use custom domain name for your blogger blog with the domain name purchased through domain4me.in. Other domain registrars are omitted because there are help already available to setup blogger blog with other registrars.
Two methods commonly used to get your custom domain name point to your hosting. First is done using domain forwarding, the second method is to use DNS records.
Using domain forwarding to point your custom domain name to blogger blog
You might have got a control panel access to manage your domain name from domain4me.in. To enable domain forwarding,
- Login to domain control panel,
- Click on ‘Domains’ tab, then click on ‘List All Orders‘,
- You’ll see purchased domain names there. Click the domain name for which you wish to enable domain forwarding Service. This will bring up the Order Information view for the specific domain name,
- To get domain forwarding Service interface, click the ‘Domain Forwarding’ tab on the right hand side,
- Enter the blogger blogURL in the text box provided for destination URL and click ‘Save’ button
Domain forwarding will immediately start pointing your domain name to your blogger blog.
Using DNS records to point your custom domain name to blogger blog
You may use DNS records to point your custom domain name to your blogger blog as well. This method is more advantageous than the previous method for various reasons. One of the main reasons is, search bots will always see your custom domain as a separate domain. This will reduce your domain’s SERP rankings.
‘CNAME’ records and ‘A’ records are used to point custom domain name to blogger blog. ‘A’ records are optional.
To add CNAME records on your domain4me.in domain, follow the below procedure,
1. Login to your domain control panel.
2. Click on ‘Domains’ tab, then click on ‘List All Orders‘,
3. You’ll see purchased domain names once you click ‘List All Orders‘. Click the domain name for which you wish to start using the Domain Forwarding Service. This will bring up the Order Information view for the specific domain name,
4. To get ‘DNS’ management interface, click the ‘DNS management’ tab on the right hand side,
5. Click the Manage DNS button. The DNS Management Console will pop-up through which you may add any of the following Records:
6. Click CNAME Records and in the next screen, click Add CNAME Record.
7. There you would find 3 fields:
a. Host Name: enter your domain name : www.yourdomainname.com or just yourdomainname.com (without www) according to your preference.
b. Value: This is the Destination for the CNAME created. Enter the value as ‘ghs.google.com’ there.
c. TTL: Leave it as is
8. Click the Add Record button to submit your Record.
‘A’ records are optional. But it’s recommended to add ‘A’ record as well. You can use the same above procedure to add ‘CNAME’ records for adding ‘A’ records too. You need to add four ‘A’ records. The values for ‘A’ records are,
Once you made these DNS changes, you have to allow around 4-24 hours for DNS propagation to complete. After DNS propagation completes, you have to login to your blogger control panel and make some changes there. To know the changes you have to make in blogger settings, please visit,
Hope this article covered the topic of using blogger blog with the domain name you purchased through domain4me.in in good detail. Hope this helped you. Please rate and leave comments and feedback.