Install iOS 5 beta version on your iPhone without a developer account! iOS 5 Hacked!
It has been just 48 hours past after Apple announced iOS 5 and released its beta version to Apple developers. With in a day after Apple announced iOS 5 and released the developer (beta) version to Apple developers at WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference), it has been hacked by an Apple lover and enthusiast – Mert Erdir – and published the trick on Gizmodo.com
He found a backdoor (bug) on the iOS5 latest release to install iOS5 beta version on iPhone without the need of a developer account, which would otherwise cost $99.
Disclaimer: The below steps are very simple; however I am not responsible for any uncertain things happend to your iPhone or to anyone by following these steps. Try at your own risk.
What is iCloud?
iCloud is a (cloud) service from Apple, which allows users to store music, photos, applications, contacts and such data online and help to seamlessly integrate these contents between many iDevices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, MAC. As per Apple it is “so much more than a hard drive in the sky”. It gives instant access to all your contents to any iDevice without synchronizing the device via PC or MAC. Apple offers 5 GB storage freely for this service and claims that, this is plenty of room because of the way iCloud stores contents. This service has been announced at Apple’s WWDC – World Wide Developers Conference – on Jun 2011 and would be available to the public shortly
Steps to hack iOS 5
- Download iOS5 developer version (beta) from the internet. It is available everywhere on the internet, google it.
- Connect iPhone with computer, and click on check for update button with the Option (MAC) or Shift (PC) button pressed.
- Select the iOS5 IPSW file downloaded in step 1
- Wait until the new activation screen appears.
- Triple click on the home button to activate Voice Over
- Triple click the home button to activate Emergency call.
- Click on Emergency call and, while it is switching, swipe with your three fingers down
- The notification centre appears, click on the Weather widget to load the Weather app.
- Click on iPhone home button to exit Weather app and to be on spring board.
- Done, you have now iOS 5 beta installed on your iPhone.
I wouldn’t recommend these hack though as, apart from the fact of unauthorized access to iOS5 developer version, these steps are required to be repeated every time when device is rebooted, and importantly you may not be able to make calls from your phone.
And finally thanks to Mert Erdir and Gizmodo for this nice hack. Try this before Apple fix the exploit.