How to Install and Download Apps OTA for Virgin Mobile or Sprint LG Rumor Touch Using Jar2Jad
Install Apps From Any Website OTA!
While over there I noticed that bigsupersquid, a few posts before me, had listed an app called Jar2jadd.zip. This name sounded extremely promising in the Over the Air installation of apps on the LG Rumor Touch.
Feel free to download and install Jar2Jad now, and we can test it out together. If you are a total newbie reading this, please see Install 3rd Party Apps on Lg Rumor Touch article now.
This little app will run like a file manager. It will have you select a JAR from your microSD that you've downloaded with Opera Mini, Bolt, or UC Browser, and after your selection, Jar2Jad will create a JAD automatically. Remember a JAD is nothing more than a text file that is like the traffic directer and diplomat between the JAR file and the LG Rumor Touch.
Qwicky Step by Step
- Install Jar2Jad
- Download a JAR from somewhere. You might want to practice on a JAR that will work for sure - I recommend downloading from my Mediafire Folder or from VMTouch.com.
- Open Jar2Jad and browse to the JAR you downloaded
- Select it.
- The first screen that will pop up will be an editor asking if you really want the "http://" in front of the name of the JAR file.
- Your answer will always be NO.
- Edit the line so that it just is YOURJADNAME.JAR with no extra
"http://" in front of it.
- At this point if your JAR was already in your APPS folder, all you need to do is press save, exit out of Jar2Jad and go to your Media Card folder in My Stuff.
- It should show JADs living there now.
- Try to install.
- If the install failed, you may have not properly edited the first name to get rid of the "http".
- To fix this, you may either delete the JAD and start over or you can use JTextlite (see Mediafire folder link below) to edit the JAD.
- If you have to open the text editor, just look for the line that has an http://yourjarname.jar and rename it to yourjarname.jar only.