Top Point and Shoot Digital Cameras - the Best Selling Cameras
Point and shoot digital camerashave come right down in price over the last few years, and are now affordable to all. You'd like to buy one, perhaps for yourself, or perhaps as a gift to someone else, but you don't know anything about them or which ones on the market today are the best.
A lot used to depend on what use you planned to make of your camera. Were you going to be taking mostly outdoor shots? Or indoor ones? Ones in good light, or ones in the night time? These questions are unimportant any more, because all the cameras listed on this page have technology built-in to sort all those things for you.
Just point, and shoot.
The cameras here all have face detection, blur reduction to take away camera shake or movement blur in the image you are trying to capture. Daylight, articifical light or night-time, are all taken care off automatically.
They all auto-focus on your subject to keep the imagine crystal clear, and can either automatically avoid red-eye, or gives you the tools to get rid, on-camera.
All have high numbers of megapixels, giving your crystal clear images that can be enlarged many times without losing clarity. Take your pick. These point and shoot digital cameras are all great.
Kodak C180 10 MP HD Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.4 LCD Screen.
This is a great wee camera that is really simple to use but which takes great pictures time after time. It's small and neat enough to slip into you pocket, being only 7.1" x 1.2" x 8.9" and weighs 9.8oz. It features:
- Face recognition for easy focus on your subjects.
- Blur reduction for a crisper, clearer image each time, even with camera shake.
- 10.2 megapixel resolution which can print beautifully crisp images up to 30" x 40" in size.
- Easy cropping of images at this resolution means better cropped picutes.
- Captures perfect images in HD format for viewing on an HDTV or other HD device.
- Kodak AF 3x optical aspheric zoom lens (35 mm equivalent: 32 - 96 mm) for taking great pictures of distant objects.
- 2.4" LCD screen allows you to see your images with perfect color and clarity.
- Images saved to SD or SDHC memory cards (needs to be bought separately).
- One click button in video mode allows you to capture up to 45 minutes of VGA video
Canon PowerShot SX130IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3.0-Inch LCD.
Now you can capture the crispest and most stunning images with just one button click. Incredibly affordable, the Canon Powershot SX 130IS packs a huge amount of technology into such a small package, you will wonder how you ever managed without it! Simply plug and play back the incredible 720p HD videos with sound and stills through your computer.
With the latest Canon Powershot, you can:
- Take 720p HD videos with stereo sound while using the optical zoom
- Use the high-powered 12x wide-angle optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- Set the scene modes like miniature effect for movie and fisheye effect; Advanced Smart AUTO
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor, with 12.1 megapixels; 3.0-inch wide LCD
- Capture images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards (not included)
The Nikon Coolpix S3000 12 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Green) is absolutely superb point and shoot camera.
- a massive 12 megapixels for super clear images
- 4 x optical zoom
- bright 2.7" screen for easy viewing, in in bright sunlight
- advanced VR image stabilization system to eliminate camera shake
- automatically selects scene and adjusts accordingly - for night, portrait,landscape, close-up or backlit.
- Nikon's smart portrait feature which eliminate red eye, focuses on faces and eliminates blink by taking two photos almost simultaneously so you can choose the best
- tracks human faces as they move, great for photographing children.
- Records high quality videos with sound.
- Slim, stylish, easily fits in pocket or handbag.
- available in many colors
More Nikon Coolpix Point and Shoot Cameras
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Red) is a great camera.
- an amazing 14.1mega-pixels for sharper images.
- 28mm wide-angle lens to allow you to to photograph a whole group of people, even at short distances.
- Intelligent mode lets you point and shoot and tale great photos even without changing setting for night mode etc
- 8 x optical zoom allows you to take close-ups even form a distance.
- HD movie recording.
- Extended battery life with energy saving Venus Engine IV technology.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 Carrying Cases
Another great make in cameras, Olympus, have their Olympus FE-4000 12MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Magenta).
- 12 megapixels for superb picture quality
- 4 x wide-angled optical zoom
- 2.7 inch LCD screen
- autofocus tracking for moving subjects
- super slim body to fit in a purse or pocket.
- Automatic face detection.
- In camera editing to get rid of red eye, cropping, resizing, light fixing etc.
- Can use both xD pictures memory cards or micro SD memory cards.
- In-camera help guides for easier usage.
- Comes with photo-editing softare for your computer that will make uploading photos to Facebook easier than ever.
- Has movie mode for making videos.
Includes new Magic Filter technology - the functionality of graphic software inside the computer
The Kodak EasyShare C142 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.5 Inch LCD (Blue) is perfect for younger people especially who want to take photos to upload to the web.
One button press can share your photos with
- Kodak Galleriy sites
- 10 mega pixels for photo clarity, especially when they are enlarged
- 3 x optical zoom with auto-focus
- Smart Capture technology to automatically adjust light, movement and scene settings
- Face detection
- Blur reduction
- 2.5" color display
- Records VGA video with sound
- Takes AA batteries
The Canon PowerShot SD780IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Deep Red).
This fantastic little camera is small enough to fit in a purse, yet features:
- an amazing 12.1 megapixels, showing enough details for a poster size print
- 3X optical zoom lens with image stabiliser for clear shots
- Takes HD movies.
- Has a mini-HDMI connector to watch through the TV 2.5" screen
- Compatible with SD/SDHC, MMC/MMC plus and HC memory cards.
- Smart auto to automatically detect the correct settings when you want to point and shoot
- Advanced Face detection technology
- Intelligent contrast correction
- Red eye correction
The Canon PIXMA MP560 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Photo Printer is the top best seller at Amazon.
- It prints in amazing photo quality.
- Can print straight from a memory card so so need for a computer.
- It's wireless.
- Built-in two sided printing.
- Automatically adjusts and corrects photos.
- Can scan and copy photos.
- Can be used anywhere in the house.