Restarting your computer
What will this Hub tell you?
This Hub will tell you:
- When you have to restart your computer
- How you will restart your computer
- What you need to restart your computer
- How to avoid restarting your computer in the future
I hope you enjoy this Hub!
What the blue screen may look like
When you have to restart your computer.
Does your computer have something wrong? Right now are you reading this on a different computer, on your phone, or at the library on a computer? If you are, this article is for you!
Most likely what happened to your computer is that you got a virus, or something else bad happened and your computer won't work. Sometimes on Windows you will get the "Blue screen of death",which can mean something is very wrong. You will have to completely restart your computer from scratch. You will lose everything, unless you have recovered everything onto discs and still have them. The only good news is that after restarting your computer it will run a lot faster.
How you will restart your computer
So, now you've decided that it needs to be done, you are going to restart your computer.Here is an easy, step by step guide to restarting your computer.
- You will need to find the discs that came with your computer when you bought them. These came with it specifically for this purpose, to save your computer.
- Look for the ones called "System Recovery" or something similar. Put disc one into your disc drive and wait for it to load up.
- Now it is simple for a while, just follow what your computer says, and stay near your computer, because if there is more than one "System Recovery" disk, you will need to use them in order. Your computer will let you know when one disk is done.
- After you are done restarting your computer, and all the "System Recovery" disks are done, it doesn't mean you're done.
- Look for a disk regarding "System Hardware" or something along those lines. These are all the things your computer will need, such as the ability to connect to the internet, Java, everything. After finding it,install the disk.
- Now your computer should be able to do most of the things you need. If you have other disks that you stored things on, in case this happened, you can use them now.
Avoiding doing this again
Now that you've been through the painful process,you will probably want to prevent it. I'd suggest finding a Antivirus program, so you can prevent getting viruses. Also you will want to get Mozilla Firefox,which is a web browser different than Internet Explorer. The reason for using Mozilla Firefox is that many of the viruses today are written for Internet Explorer,because it is automatically installed in most computers. Signing up for Mozilla Firefox is free and easy, and has probably saved me more than once. Another thing you can do is when scrolling over a link, look in the bottom left of your web browser. There will be some words there. Make sure it is the web browser you want to go to, if the link is for how to repair a bicycle, and in the link it says virusvirus.com, I'd suggest staying away.
Also try backing up anything important,like Family pictures, taxes (if you keep them on your computer), and anything else you find important.
Thanks for reading! Try to let me know what you think in the comments below,I love comments!