How to increase internet speed in Windows XP
Windows XP has reserved 20% of the bandwidth by default. We can remove this limit by making changes in the 'Group Policy'. After that there will be a 20% increase in the internet speed. Do the following steps to boost your internet speed in XP.
- Click the start button and then click 'Run'.
2. Type 'gpedit.msc' in the Run box and click the OK button
3. The 'Group policy' window will open.
4. Expand the administrative templates by clicking the '+' button.
5. Expand the network folder by clicking the '+' button.
6. Click on the QoS Packet scheduler folder.
7. On the right side of the window you can see a 'limit reservable bandwidth' icon. Right click the Limit reservable bandwidth icon and click properties.
8. The Limit reservable bandwidth prpoerties box will appear.
9. Click the enabled radio button to enable it.
10. Change the bandwidth limit value from 20 to 0.
11. Click Apply button.
12. Click OK button
You have done it. Now the internet connection will be faster than before.