Tips For Getting Traffic To Your Blog
I started at hubpages only a short time ago and in 2 months I had accumulated 10k views with consistent traffic to this day. How did a newby who made his way for the first time into the writing industry manage to pull off this achievment? Continue reading..
Principles To Apply
First, you must actually like writing. It must be motivating to you, if it's not.. Your brain is going to be clogged and not functioning to the fullest as it should. If money is your motivator which is good... You likely won't succeed as most people get discouraged finding out it takes a long time to earn.
So because writing is your motivator and it is in you to do it, that is positive energy! You truly enjoy doing it so you have no problems whipping up content whatsoever. Doing it for money is a second motivator and it will work along with your passion.
Write within your realm of knowledge. Do you think I go reading articles and put it into my own words not knowing a thing about it? Not at all, if I did that I would hold no value to my fans and followers and they would see through it. When you write within your realm of knowledge you know what you are writing about! Right there gives you the whole root to build a perfect article and hit every point you need that the viewer is looking for.
Learn, learn all you can about blogging. When I got on I wanted to know every detail I could on how to get traffic and basically how to succeed. So what did I do? I looked on the web for every answer I could find. How to get followers.. how to get your articles out there.. I look up everything I can find and more importantly, I do it.
How much traffic do you get daily to your blog?
So now you have the principles you need, now it's time to spruce up your posts.
1. Converse with your community: This is very important whether you write for revenue sites or have a website of your own. Your community wants to feel treated. If they leave messages on any articles you make, respond to them. Even go out to them and converse, this gets you out there and also makes the community feel welcomed.
One thing I also learned which I'm thankful I did, Is that a large amount of your traffic is from involvment with your community. I had been off of the whole web for 2 weeks and in that 2 weeks when I had looked up my stats, I saw that my traffic had dropped by alot. I have a perk of being able to see where my views came from, when I viewed this, I saw that I had all my outside traffic.. but my community traffic had sunk to 0. No communication with community = No traffic. Write that down.
2. Get yourself out there: Once you have written articles, spread your name in the most positive way you can. Get your followers on twitter to go to your articles and tell them how it can benefit them.. Post on relative facebook groups, post on your facebook wall.. Post on sites like reddit and digg, anyway you can get yourself out there, brainstorm and do it.
3. Edit your work often: You will be shocked to see how many mistakes you have made in some previous work you have made. I do go-over my work often and even though I go over it, sometimes when I check again I find mistakes I did not see before. Top quality for your readers is a must because it shines your post and makes it look professional.
4. Consistency: Probably the most important tip you need, be consistent. This doesn't mean to set a preconceived pattern and post whenever just to keep the means of posts alive, that would just cause stress and bring you down. It means to post often and keep at it. You brought your audience in, now they want to see more work from you. When you stop posting they will keep checking and if no new things come up you will eventually lose them. So remember this and be consistent.
Realm Of Knowledge
- Blog Traffic Tips
- How to get more views to your blog
- Hubpages article writing tips
- Top Successful Hubber Tips
- How to make money online blogging
Thank you for reading. These are probably the most effective tips that work for any blog and they will work for you if you devote yourself to it. I hope this has helped you and if you want to help other viewers, feel free to post what you feel has been successful for you on your blog.
© 2013 PoeticPhilosophy