About Web Hosting: Where Should I Host My Website ?
Hosting Your site on your own pc
Yes, it is 100% true that you can host your website on your own Computer with just little work. you can type http://localhost in your browser to check, if there is already an server running on your pc. The basic requirement are listed below,
- Static (Recommended) Or dynamic (not recommended) Internet Protocol (IP) Address,
- 24/7 Internet connectivity,
- Server software such as Apache, wamp, xampp etc...
- Or, You can store your files on already installed IIS (Internet information services) with windows,
- Domain name,
- High speed connection, Dsl or Cable modem,
- Little Technical knowledge.
After meeting the basic requirement, You can search Google for applications that forward Domain name to your own pc such as any 'Dns Service' and 'Dynamic Dns Service'.
If you've set your mind to launch a new site with an creative idea, then you're definitely searching for ideas on where to host your site and I will try my best to provide a useful information here. You can make your site visible to whole internet in the two ways listed below,
- Either you can host your site on your own personal computer,
- Or, You can choose the reliable host.
Hosting your Site on Private host.
If you've changed your mind to choose any reliable host, You have two options,
- Choose a free host, But be Aware of Vulnerabilities,
- Choose a Paid, shared or dedicated hosting, But be aware of limitations and company reputation.
IF you've planned to choose a free host, Here are the some points you need to know,
- There may be chances that they may stop free hosting at any time and lead to loosen your precious files,
- You shouldn't trust on any such site which is new in free hosting or doesn't have a backbone of doing business in any kind to keep their servers running.
- Be prepared to see end of such sites in unexpected way.
And, If you've planned to choose paid hosting, here are the points you need to know,
- Choose the most basic plan, If your site is in underage, It takes at-least 1 month for any site to achieve a good amount of traffic.
- Check that host provides 24/7 internet connectivity,
- Check for database support if you were launching a blog (movable type) or dynamic site.
- Check 24/7 Customer care support,
- Check, if there is not any limitations in creating new sub-domains and aliases.
- Try to avoid hosting with companies which doesn't having any associated office in your nearby areas.
- Do your own verification after listening from others (Many reason exists).