YouTube on VIZIO Internet Apps - News and Review
You can now watch YouTube on your VIZIO HDTV with VIA (VIZIO Internet Apps)
Click on the VIA button on the remote. Select YouTube and hit "enter" on your remote.
You will now see a YouTube control panel.
There are several ways you can choose which YouTube video you want to watch.
You decide to view the playlist of videos that you set up earlier on your laptop.
Select the playlist, hit "enter on your remote, and walla! -- your YouTube videos start rolling.
YouTube Choices on VIZIO
- New Releases. You can pick from a variety of themes: action & adventure, animation, classics, comedy, documentary and others.
- Free or Fee. Most videos are free; however, YouTube also offers movies for hire. Prices are given.
- HD or Standard Definition. Some YouTube videos are now in HD.
- Feature movies. You can now view feature movies on YouTube.
- Viewing time. YouTube now offers full length features -- one hour more more running time.
- View your subscriptions. If you have signed up on your laptop for subscriptions to YouTube authors, you can view them on your VIZIO YouTube app.
- View your playlists. If you have created YouTube playlists on your laptop, you can vew them on VIZIO.
How to set up your YouTube VIZIO App
Be sure YouTube is installed on your VIZIO with Internet Apps.
Hit the VIA button on your remote and you'll see the familiar YouTube logo on the app bar at the bottom of your screen.
If it does not appear, you may not have the latest firmware update that includes the YouTube app.
Once you launch YouTube and the control panel appears, you now choose your YouTube video.
The App has made it easy to choose from the following:Browse or Search.
Using your QWERTY keyboard you can enter keywords for the topic, title, author, actor or whatever.
Up will pop a list of videos meeting your criteria.
You can even upload your own videos to watch on VIZIO's big screen.
Here's a 55" 3D VIZIO with Internet Apps - Note the App Dock running across the bottom of the screen.
How to set up your VIZIO app for YouTube subscriptions and playlists
You can launch your YouTube VIZIO app and straigtaway view videos. But if you want to view your YouTube subscriptions or playlists you'll have to synchronize VIZIO with your YouTube account.
- Launch YouTube on VIZIO
- Sign in or create your YouTube account on your laptop.
- When propmpted enter the activation code presented on the VIZIO YouTube control panel. After a few seconds you see a confirmation that VIZIO has linked to your account.
Now you can view your own subscriptions and playlists.
VIZIO is an excellent choice for watching YouTube
I have a YouTube account and set up my playlists. One of them is a series of videos showing the great art of the Impressionists. Watch as scene after scene of great art is shown on your high definition screen. Listen as classical music selections play in the background. Food for the eyes, ears and spirit.
Or watch episodes of your favorite shows. Or documentaries.
Or upload your own videos and show them on your big screen.
Dozens of other apps are now on VIZIO with Internet Apps (VIA)
YouTube is one among many apps you can now view on VIZIO. From Netflix to Facebook you have a new world of entertainment on VIZIO VIA.