- Internet & the Web
The Best Email Service
Gmail is the Best Email Provider!
Let's face it - Google knows how to create great products. When they started Gmail back in 2004, it made many other webmail services obsolete and forced the companies to provide more storage space, create better user interfaces and offer more features for free to be able to compete with Google Mail. Nowadays, Gmail is the most widely used e-mail service online, and for a good reason.
Do you know a better webmail service or just dislike Gmail for some reason? Let us know in the comments form below. Don't forget to vote for other top webmail providers as well. You can even add your favorite one to the list!
Top 10 Reasons Why Gmail is the Best
- Gmail is free to use and doesn't have any "paid" or "upgraded" versions (except for additional storage). Everyone gets the same great service.
- At 15 GB, storage space is virtually unlimited unless you use Google Drive heavily. You will never run out of space for your emails alone!
- Unobtrusive ads are only shown when viewing an e-mail message and are text-only.
- Great user interface that is both stylish and easy to use. Modern AJAX technologies are used on Gmail that allow fast loading and incredible usability. Conversation view automatically groups emails from the same sender.
- Unlimited filters (rules) for sorting your e-mail messages and performing other actions. You can even set up a vacation autoresponder!
- POP and IMAP access so you can use Gmail with e-mail clients like Outlook Express - again, absolutely free.
- Easy search that will allow you to find any e-mail message extremely fast. You can specify multiple Gmail search parameters, such as label:something, in:folder, etc.
- E-mail labels allow you to mark and group e-mails based on multiple rules. Unlike with other providers where an email can only belong to a single folder, in Gmail it can have several labels at once!
- Multiple accounts - if you use several Google accounts, you can link them all to a single Gmail account and manage them from there.
- Spam filter is by far the best of all webmail providers. It filters over 99% percent of spam for me, which I can't say for Yahoo! mail and similar providers.
Have your own favorite thing about Gmail? Let me know in the comments at the bottom of this page.
Is Gmail the Best Webmail Ever?
Share your thoughts in the debate below.
My Favorite Gmail Feature: Filters
These can really help save your time
Gmail filters are a very powerful feature which can help you deal with incoming emails more effectively. Filters are used to sort incoming messages according to various criteria: the sender, certain words in the subject or body of the message, whether or not the email has an attachment, and so on. Then you can assign different labels to emails, archive them (so they won't show up in the inbox), mark as read, mark as important, or even outright delete them, so you won't even know you received those messages (a good way of dealing with particularly irksome spammers).
Rate Gmail on the scale of 5.
Go ahead, share your love or hate for Gmail! You are also welcome to comment on other webmail providers.