I am facing this problem since more than 2 months. When googling the search bar will be redirected by
either searchnu.com or sweeim.com. This is embarrassing to see a useless search engine redirecting when we are on serious work.
Being with computers for long time I tried all of the following which did not work at all:
1. Went to www.ilivid.com to find how to remove searchnu.com , but failed after all efforts.
2. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and removing searchnu.com processes and related files and new folders deleted.
3. From Tools --> Add ons--> removed sweetim plugin and other unwanted plugins as well.
4. From Registry removed HKEYS related to them
5. Run Avast latest antivirus several times ( unfortunately antivirus softwares are so dump that they cannot identify these kind of virus )
6. Searched for help on tech forums including
7. Did things as told in community answers at : http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-I … d-p/702581
8. So funny looking basic advices in some tech forums as 'uninstalling sweetim' or ilvid.com or search.nu.com was uninstalled long ago. They are not seen in Control Panel--> Programs and Performances' but seems their souls will stay there and take their cake whenever we browse !
So some more I did like this to get rid of this . My friends give me any advice you have to remove
What browser do you use?
Try to switch to some alternative. The more rare is browser - the more secure is to use it. I recommend K-Meleon for portability and speed and Comodo Dragon or Comodo IceDragon for security. Dragon is Chrome-based and IceDragon - Firefox-based.
When installing select option to use ComodoDNS inside Dragons. The other alternative is OpenDNS (both are the solutions to filter malware and bad sites on the DNS-server side).
Update your Windows, Java, FlashPlayer and AdobeReader in order to prevent reinfection.
Install AnVir Task Manager from anvir.com. It guards your Startup locations - you can use this to delete malware from autorun.
check userinit registry entry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit ) - it should contain only 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,' value (the path to windows may be different). If something else is present there - then replace it with path to userinit.exe from windows\system32 folder.
If you are comparatively skilled user, try Comodo Cleaning Essentials to find and fight over malware autoruns.
Disable all autorun on your system.
Find TEMP system folder (look into http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519 if you don't know where it's located) and delete all files there.
You'll need something like Unlocker or FileGovernor to kill files which are locked.
If all this wouldn't help, download DrWeb CureIt! http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/?lng=en and run it. This should delete all known malware. That's the best antimalware tool!
Good luck in your struggle!
The bastard is probably in your bootrecord. Anti-virus stuff available to the general public is crap. You are going to have to take it to a pro and pay money.
by pinappu5 years ago
How to remove websearch.mocaflix.com virus?Do you know how to remove websearch.mocaflix.com virus from a pc? There are many guides in the internet but most of these seems dangerous because of registry editing things. As...
by dogluver18 years ago
My friend has this virus in her computer called Windows Advanced Security Center. Her program that protects her computer says that there is nothing in her computer besides the virus. Also the virus says that she has 29...
by Nell Rose6 years ago
Can someone that knows about computers please help me before i go completely insane and throw the pc out of the window! for some stupid pathetic greedy reason, I keep getting a pop up that says windows security alert...
by tech_savy8 years ago
Try AVG Antivirus 9. It is the best one I have used ever.
by jacobkuttyta5 years ago
Please post your twitter ID hereSo that we can follow you:Let us have a hubpages community at twitterMy twitter ID is: http://twitter.com/jacobkuttyta
by moonlake5 years ago
I'm having a terrible problems with IE. Every website I try to go on something else pops up most are ads it will not go on the sites not even on Hubpages. Anyone else having this problem?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.