Debit/Credit Card swipers on Candy machines?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Here's a random observation:

Earlier today I noticed that the candy/soda vending machines in my work place have had new card-swiping devices for credit/debit card payments installed on them.  This was a new one on me. My first thought was "Seriously? This isn't opening a whole new avenue of card fraud/I.D. theft or anything."

Potential risk aside, maybe I'm out of step with the times, but it seems to me if you're reachin' for plastic just to buy a frickin' Snickers bar out of a vending machine... maybe you don't really need that Snickers bar after all.

Oh, and here's the best part: a sticker on the machine says that debit card users will be charged an extra 10 cents per item for the convenience/privilege. Get the hell outta here!!

I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

Not me!!!  Those machines are often rented or purchased by private vendors

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

My office candy machine is safer than Home Depot or Michael's based on my experience.

Most days I don't even carry cash. So to me using a no fee debit swipe is easier than going someone to get cash (all the nearby ATMs charge $4 per withdrawal) and walking around with pockets full of change.

working