jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My pendrive restarts the computer? Any help?

1. Cleanclover profile image46
    Cleancloverposted 8 years ago

My pendrive restarts the computer? Any help?

My pendrive hangs my computer and restarts it. As soon as i insert it the computer restarts. I tried shutting off the auto-restart but still the computer restarts. I have an up-to-date antivirus installed. Is there any hope of retrieving the data on the pen drive?

2. CiscoPixie profile image77
    CiscoPixieposted 8 years ago

plug the pendrive into another computer. If it does the same thing, there might be a virus on the pendrive and is best to be checked out by a technician (warn the technician about the pendrive). If the computer doesn't do the same, scan the contents of the pendrive for any viruses and if none are found, make a copy of the contents on the desktop, format the pendrive and then put the contents back on and run another scan. Hope this helps!

3. mmzh786 profile image67
    mmzh786posted 7 years ago

Better check for any viruse in the pendrive.
    If not check for any hardware issues in the computer.If required update you pendrive firmware and try again.

4. ishadi profile image60
    ishadiposted 7 years ago

When your pendrive insert and computer hangs, its the mean your pendrive broken or socket USB computer broken. To make sure, try insert pendrive to another computer, if work, its the mean your USB computer broken. Be carefully, USB computer broken can make pendrive broken. You can know, when pendrive inserted, temperatur  pendrive so hot. Its the mean USB computer broken. If you want recovery data, you can use EASEUS Data Recovery Free.

working