jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

dropped iphone in the bath. Taken out sim and used a hairdryer on it. Any sugges

1. profile image44
    sharablingposted 7 years ago

dropped iphone in the bath. Taken out sim and used a hairdryer on it. Any suggestions?

2. nivela profile image60
    nivelaposted 7 years ago

The Iphone, like any piece of electronic equipment, may be irreparable after submersion. However, there is a process in which this can be determined.

Make sure you have removed the battery. Also, remove the sim card and "break down" (unscrew, dismantle) any other parts that you can.

Fill 3 ziploc bags with white rice. Place the assortment of parts, keeping the battery completely seperate from all others, in the rice bags. Let sit for 2-3 days.

Placing the components (screen down) in the sun on a table for a day or so after might also be a good idea.

A hairdryer alone wont do the trick and you may spend a few days without phone, but this process may work for you and save you a few hundred dollars.

3. L3B0 profile image73
    L3B0posted 7 years ago

So far you've done good. Hairdryer and taken out sim card and I'm assuming you switched it off if still possible when you removed it from the bath. I have an iPhone so taking out the battery is basically impossible for the average iPhone consumer. Leave outside in the sun (screen out of the sun) for a whole day, this should help quite a bit.

Leave the phone for a few days(3-4 days) before attempting to switch back on. I'd also advise looking a company which can repair water damage, some are able if the damage is not great and the above procedure is done.

I hope your phone gets sorted out soon. I ? my iPhone and wouldn't want this to happen to mine. Hope the info helps.

4. CheapMobilePhones profile image57
    CheapMobilePhonesposted 7 years ago

Make sure you never switch on the mobile till the last drop inside the mobile dries out. Because, it causes even the good working mobile to get short circuited and spoils.

working