i keep trying to uninstall utorrent but it wont let me it says invalid torrent f

1. profile image44
    chazzenposted 7 years ago

i keep trying to uninstall utorrent but it wont let me it says invalid torrent file!

whenever i try to install or go to something like the internet it wont let me i have to go to the help page and go to their website to go anywhere please help me !!

2. dustygi profile image62
    dustygiposted 7 years ago

uTorrent is a simple application. It uses only an executable file and has no other associated files with it. Unfortunately it does not come with an uninstaller so this is what one must do if you wish to completely uninstall uTorrent in Microsoft Windows:

Open My Computer
    Go into your local disk (usually Csmile
    Open the Program Files directory
    Search for the uTorrent directory (simply click once in the Explorer window and press the "u" key.
    Select the uTorrent fold and delete it. (If you receive an error it's because uTorrent is currently running. You'll need to exit uTorrent before you can perform this step. To exit uTorrent, right click on the uTorrent icon in the Taskbar Notification area and select exit. If uTorrent is hanging, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager, find and select the uTorrent.exe process and end it.)
    Next you'll need to clean the uTorrent registry entries. [WARNING - this is an advanced task! Do this only if you are knowledgeable with Windows registry! If you are not, use ccleaner to clean the registry. You can download it at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ]
    Open the Run tool and run regedit.
    Delete these entries:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\uTorrent.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [Note: if you do not see a uTorrent entry then don't do anything here!]

Now you have just manually uninstalled uTorrent.

working