jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where are you getting pictures to put on your hubpages.

1. profile image50
    delucia921posted 7 years ago

Where are you getting pictures to put on your hubpages.

I just signed up for hubpages and just starting out.....how can I find pics so I can put
    on my hubpages? Can I just use any picture I find on the internet?

2. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

No you can't use any picture. You have to make sure that the picture you use can be published as part of Community Commons, meaning that the owner of the picture is giving permission to the community to have them republished by other people.  I use Google images and flickr.

3. internett1t3 profile image56
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Search some related pictures in Google then save and upload make sure you didn't violate the copyright law.

4. John T. profile image58
    John T.posted 7 years ago

I use google images as well. When you google something there will be a link up top that says images, that will take you where you need to go.

5. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 7 years ago

Misconception. You can use a copyrighted image/photo to perhaps depict the theme of your hub. Reason why, is the "use of the photo" isn't garnering you "any money"; and as long as you're not "using the photo" to "gain money" you're not in violation. You make money from your hubs by people "clicking" onto an Adsense, Amazon avatar, etc. and not by them "clicking" on the photo.
    People who tell people they can't use a "copyrighted image for non-monetary gain" either haven't read the U.S. Copyright laws or are recycling a myth someone else has recycled from someone else who has recycled it from someone else who has.........
    Know the Law and know what you can and cannot do.