jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best CMS, Drupal, Joomla or Wordpress?

1. internett1t3 profile image58
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

What is the best CMS, Drupal, Joomla or Wordpress?

2. rlaframboise profile image61
    rlaframboiseposted 7 years ago

Joomla is awesome as a content management system but in all honesty if I was stuck with one out of those 4 I would have to say Wordpress for its functionality and diversity.

Joomla templates are usually for-pay while many awesome free templates can be found for Wordpress. Depending on what type of site you are creating I'd pick between those two, specifically Wordpress if the sit is going to be "bloggish" or a mini site.

3. profile image54
    TechViaggioposted 7 years ago

It's hard for anyone to adequately answer the program without knowing more of your requirements and experience. For example, the answer might differ is you said you wanted to do an eCommerce site versus a product review site using microformats.

The simplest of the 3 is probably WordPress and the most difficult is Drupal. But that doesn't mean Joomla wins by default because it falls in the middle.

The other point to consider is where each is in their development cycle. In some regards, they are moving to become frameworks and similar in functionality. I know Joomla is planning a new release which has improved functionality.

If I were you, I'd talk to users of each platform and ask them questions based on your requirements.

4. hotwebideas profile image74
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

I think Drupal is the hardest, but by far, the most popular. However, Joomla is still the best!

working