jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to know how to change a laptops ip address?

1. profile image46
    KeKe03posted 7 years ago

I want to know how to change a laptops ip address?

Someone hacked into my laptop and got my ip address I was wondering how to report him and how to change my ip address?

2. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

you have to go to TCP/IP settings and set a different ip address, which is in your network settings, if you right click on the network icon on the desktop, you can see properties and go to tcp/ip settings and change it.

3. brad4l profile image76
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

Changing it the way Krishubpages123 says will NOT work, because this only changes your local IP address and you need to change the EXTERNAL IP Address!

To change your External IP Address, it kind of depends what type of Internet you have. Most types of Internet have Dynamic IP Addresses, which means that they will change periodically. However, some change more frequently than others.

If you have DSL, then your IP Address will likely change rather frequently, but you may be able to hasten it by resetting your modem.

Often with Cable Internet, the IP Address is linked to your Mac Address. So, if you connect to your modem with a different MAC Address, the IP may change.

If you have a router, it is usually fairly easy to change, or spoof, your Mac Address, which will cause you to get another IP Address. However, it may just be easier to plug a different computer directly into the Internet, because each computer has a unique Mac Address.

Regarding reporting him, if you know HIS IP Address, you can report the intrusion to his Internet Service Provider. Otherwise, you may be best off contacting your Internet company, but keep in mind without proof, there may be little they can do.

4. profile image46
    KoloniaBikingsposted 5 years ago

Even though you might struggle to set up someone's modem on-line because you are unable to get access to using the internet with this personal Ip, it continues to be the best place for newer individuals.

An issue however may come up if couple of units on a single network system utilizes ip address as the Ip address. This is as a result of the fact couple of machines on the very same computer network cannot have the identical Ip and run together. The answer will be to simply switch the Ip of the first instrument, before you'll setup this new instrument together with the default Ip address as well as to purchase a distinctive network system totally.
    Source: http://www.intelligentmag.com/192-168-2-1/