jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there any Laptop Coolers powered by mains electric with a usb hub fitted

1. profile image47
    moorekiposted 7 years ago

Are there any Laptop Coolers powered by mains electric with a usb hub fitted

My Laptop is ancient and has only two usb 1's, one is used for a usb fan for cooling which works and the other one is used for a mouse, there is not enough power to fit a usb hub and then run a flash drive for instance.  I have fitted a Lan card for wireless network usage and there is no other space for a USB card. So a mains driven cooler with a fitted hub seems to be the answer.  I would appreciate  some suggestions.  Thankyou.  K.I.Moore

2. Jacob_Jube profile image59
    Jacob_Jubeposted 7 years ago

Why don't you buy a USB extension.

One input USB and you will get 4 output USB.

These are quite cheap as well.

3. profile image47
    moorekiposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  I already have a usb powered hub but as already mentioned I when I fit a the hub it does not have sufficient power for anything to work, not even a flash drive, I do think the only way forward for me is a mains powered hub and cooler combined. Thank you again for your input.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Try out the Zalman NC300U http://hubpages.com/hub/Zalman-NC3000 you need to buy an additional Power adapter, but this is one of the world's best notebook coolers, and it incorporates a 4 port hub.

working