jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

does solar energy emmit harmful pollutants?

1. profile image46
    athoa023posted 7 years ago

does solar energy emmit harmful pollutants?

2. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

buy a few solar cells and find out.  Research on such politically charged issues such as this are dubious and usually skewed.  You will have to hazard your own investigation in order to solidify your own mind on this point.

3. poleflux profile image72
    polefluxposted 7 years ago

I would say the sun releases harmful particles not pollutants, which cause power failures on earth.

4. Alternative Prime profile image76
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

I don't think the sun emits pollutants so to speak but on occasion massive solar flares can erupt on the sun and reach us all the way here on earth causing cell phone service interruption and related issues.

Sometimes we get advanced warnings of such events via the news media.

Alternative Prime

5. greanearth83 profile image46
    greanearth83posted 6 years ago

Well If your talking about solar panels then yea there are some pollutants released....The silicone used in solarpanels leaves quite a few byprodcts taht are harmfull to the environment. but scientists are quickly researching alternatives to the use of silicone in solar cells.

If your talkign about the sun specifficly then yeah there is radiation but other than  your day to day exposure its not realy dangerious to the environment... Yous skin though thats a different story. WEl all know about sunburn and skin cancer now dont we?

6. solarsolar profile image52
    solarsolarposted 6 years ago

In terms of energy from the sun, we haven't had a "solar storm" in a while. The last time we had a serious storm was the Solar Max of 1958. It wasn't noticed too much back then.

However, NASA has just announced that a solar storm is right around the corner and will be noticed much more in the interference of weather balloons, cell phones, GPS, etc.

7. Wilsonsorin2011 profile image57
    Wilsonsorin2011posted 6 years ago

I don`t thinks that solar has any pollutants ....so using a solar energy is one of the best idea..

For more detail visit - http://www.utnrenewables.co.uk/

working